Ford building 2,600 Raptors per month???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott_in_FL

Reaction score
If that is so, why is anyone paying over MSRP on these trucks? And, more importantly, why are dealers still trying to gouge buyers?

Let us all remember that these are $60k-$70k pickup trucks. At 2,600 per month, how long does it realistically take before the supply catches up with demand? Is the economy that much better than we all thought?

Ford is making a killing on these things, so they'll keep pumping them out as long as they can. But the dealers seem to be extremely short-sighted.

I will never buy a truck, car, or buggy from any dealer that adds an ADM onto the window. From reading around this forum, it seems plenty of others agree.

So, these dealers might catch a few guys paying $10k over, but in the long run they pissed off a bunch more people that will never step foot into their dealership ever again. How could that be worth it?

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll see plenty of MSRP deals and under with negotiation by year end. There will still be dumb dealers sitting on markups but those will eventually move too.

Where did you get that figure? I know they are making a ton of trucks but I haven't seen 2,600/mo specifically.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree with you but right now still supply and demand is at play.... I would have paid more (getting mine at MSRP) to avoid this wait that is coming to an end hopefully this week.

OP
OP
S

Scott_in_FL

Reaction score
So I can drive the truck now as opposed to "waiting for an MSRP deal"

I suppose it depends on what value you associate with money. If you're swimming in it, then a $5k-$10k markup may not be important to you. That said, I own a law firm in South Florida and still would not pay that out just to drive it sooner.

It's only a matter of time before the current market environment stabilizes and MSRP (and likely lower) is available. These are not LaFerrari's where waiting for MSRP is a pipe dream.

Just given the production numbers, and the amount of people who can pay $60k-$70k for what is essentially a toy (i.e. not a good work truck or tow vehicle), it has to happen somewhat soon.

And yes, Craigy, raptorfinder is awesome.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on what value you associate with money. If you're swimming in it, then a $5k-$10k markup may not be important to you. That said, I own a law firm in South Florida and still would not pay that out just to drive it sooner.

It's only a matter of time before the current market environment stabilizes and MSRP (and likely lower) is available. These are not LaFerrari's where waiting for MSRP is a pipe dream.

Just given the production numbers, and the amount of people who can pay $60k-$70k for what is essentially a toy (i.e. not a good work truck or tow vehicle), it has to happen somewhat soon.

And yes, Craigy, raptorfinder is awesome.

But if you wait too long there won't be any allocations left and then you'll be stuck trying to find one that's built that matches what you want. I can't imagine getting something $70k not exactly the way I wanted it. This, like almost everything, is all about risk/reward. If you want to take the risk or you perceive the risk to be low then it probably isn't worth it to pay ADM.