Floor jack for Raptor suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to change oil and rotate my own tires, but my existing low profile floor jack for my sports cars doesn't extend tall enough to get the Raptor off the ground. Any suggestion for a floor jack, preferably low profile so I can use it on sports cars also?

How high does the jack have to extend in order to get wheels off the ground for rotating? I figure the shock travel is quite a bit longer than results from regular F150's I'm seeing.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to change oil and rotate my own tires, but my existing low profile floor jack for my sports cars doesn't extend tall enough to get the Raptor off the ground. Any suggestion for a floor jack, preferably low profile so I can use it on sports cars also?

How high does the jack have to extend in order to get wheels off the ground for rotating? I figure the shock travel is quite a bit longer than results from regular F150's I'm seeing.

I use a Harbor Freight 3 ton low profile steel jack. It's heavy but gets the job done on my 03 cobra and 13 Raptor.
I also use small 2x4 blocks to assist, but not necessary, in getting the job done.

Just a heads up these 35" bfgs are bigger than they look and heavy as hell! The truck swallows them but when the tire is off the truck it looks way bigger

Last edited:

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Harbor Freight aluminum jack and also use wood blocks when necessary. I plan on getting a ProEagle jack with extension and mounting plate for the truck and keeping the HF jack in the garage for easy access.

whan

Reaction score
I use my low-profile jack with a 4x6 block. Works just fine. For oil changes you really don't need to raise it.

Agreed I was able to change oil without a jack on my stock '02 suburban which is definitely lower than the Raptor

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy a bag of hockey pucks for cheap and stack them, works even better than wood blocks, they don't crush and they don't scratch and they fit perfectly on the jack.