First road trip.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
We took our first real road trip this past week. We had a big shooting match in Montana so we loaded up and headed out. Between our shooting gear and gear for some planned hiking after the match we hauled about 500lbs in the bed. We covered Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and landed in Missoula Montana in one day. By far the most comfortable road trip vehicle I have owned. In Oregon and Washington the speed is 70mph. I averaged 74-76 to keep the smokies at bay. In Idaho the max is 75mph so we ramped it up to 80. In Montana it was 80mph so I stayed between 80-85. Truck was flawless. Temps all stayed normal and no oil consumed. We covered a total of 1553 miles with an average MPG of 18.1. We consumed right at 86 gallons of premium. Our altitude ranged from sea level to right at 7000ft. after the match we headed north to Whitefish and them over to Glacier National park. We were a little early for the park as the road was still closed after Lake McDonald. All in all the truck was great. Look forward to many more adventures. The onboard fuel consumption was showing 19.2 mpg for the trip. A little optimistic but not too bad.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Awesome! Love hearing people doing it right, I'm off the Utah for the first time on the 4th! I hope I can get close to the same mpg.