First Oil Change & Tips/Tricks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is a gusher for sure... I've been changing oil since 16 years old and worked at an oil change shop and never had a mess like this one.... A deep bucket with large walls might work best... holding it near the drain plug with one hand while turning the drain plug with the other. The oil container I have used forever (pictured) did not work well at all...

This is my 3rd 3.5 Ecoboost in the last 6+ years. They've all been gushers. Fortunately I have a lift in my garage to make it easier... but the skid plate is more of a PITA to remove than on a non-Raptor F150.

6 qaurts of Mobil1 can be had at Walmart for around $33....if that's your brand of choice.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jet, good karma for you for sharing this. I was planning to put 1000 miles on it in a hurry, change oil, so that I can start towing (racing season is already underway), so this is timely.

I'm debating between mityvac and drainbolt. Anyone done the mityvac yet? How much do you get out the dipstick? If its anything close to even 5 quarts or so, I'm going that route. So much cleaner that way.

Last edited:

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is my 3rd 3.5 Ecoboost in the last 6+ years. They've all been gushers. Fortunately I have a lift in my garage to make it easier... but the skid plate is more of a PITA to remove than on a non-Raptor F150.

6 qaurts of Mobil1 can be had at Walmart for around $33....if that's your brand of choice.

Very true - the 5 qt Bottle is $25 - the extra quart is a killer [emoji23]

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I read somewhere it calling for synthetic oil, could be wrong. Any pro/cons to using synthetic? Nice write up!

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a fumoto fan, used them on many bikes and cars to good effect. However, Jet says that you do not need a tool for the Raptor drain plug. Supposedly just unscrews by hand?

Yeah, it's a plastic plug that doesn't even have wrench flats...

Gunnut

Reaction score