First 2018 Raptor at a dealer??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that price correct? seems awfully cheap

You noticed that too...That a really loaded truck, here's the window sticker. About everything except beadlocks, which would change the looks entirely. Wonder where that price came from in Autotrader? I'm sure the dealer won't sell it for that.

Mike

Last edited:

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Ford swapped positions of the Auto Start/Stop and the Front Camera switches. Hope it is still easily hack-able via jumper wire (probably new wire colors/connector pin-out locations to re-determine at a minimum).

Good if you disengage the ASS, but more of a reach if you opt to leave it enabled. Good that the camera switch is closer tho.

The ergos in this truck just get worse. Switch placement is way off their game from Gen 1 (windows, memory, trailer brake controller, etc.).

Also noted the lack of shark fin.

Wonder if the fob is back-compatible with '17. Would like a more substantial feeling fob.

Reverse sensors look to be in same location as '17 too thus speculation they were moved based on the configurator pics was not accurate.

The Technology package is growing on me tho after a long drive this weekend with car hauler trailer attached...adaptive cruise helps when you are stuck in RH lane allot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

omar510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't too happy with the color last night when I was viewing the photos on my iphone, but now on a desktop computer, It looks really nice to me. I can't wait to see one in person.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Ford swapped positions of the Auto Start/Stop and the Front Camera switches. Hope it is still easily hack-able via jumper wire (probably new wire colors/connector pin-out locations to re-determine at a minimum).

I also noticed that the AS/S get a "full" switch position in the center stack and has moved to the right-hand position, while the camera and hazard buttons share the center position.

The truck, when painted in Lead Foot, looks WAY better with the BL's than the standard rims.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I also noticed that the AS/S get a "full" switch position in the center stack and has moved to the right-hand position, while the camera and hazard buttons share the center position.

The truck, when painted in Lead Foot, looks WAY better with the BL's than the standard rims.

I can't stand the stock rims on any color. The exposed aluminum really detracts from the trucks tough look. I saw a black raptor at the mall of all places yesterday and it just didn't look tough with those wheels.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You noticed that too...That a really loaded truck, here's the window sticker. About everything except beadlocks, which would change the looks entirely. Wonder where that price came from in Autotrader? I'm sure the dealer won't sell it for that.

Mike
you should know by now stealerships will false advertise to get you to call. anything to get people in the door.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should know by now stealerships will false advertise to get you to call. anything to get people in the door.

Oh yeah...sad but true. I do expect supply to catch up with demand. Early adopters always pay a premium, I don't think you will see incentives on Raptors anytime soon. I usually go car shopping near the end of the year. The dealers want to clear stuff off the books. In fact I've purchased a car on New Years Eve, and got a great deal. Not that that will happen with this truck but who knows?

Mike

Last edited: