First 2 Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monsoon Chopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been 5 days since I picked her up and I've done a couple mods to it. First I changed the longer than hell antenna and replaced it with a 13" Soft Flex Antenna. Pulling in the garage was always a treat! Reception appears to be the same, but not a real concern since I listen to Sirius 95% of the time.

Second mod was a BakFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover. Really wanted the one from the factory, but it appears they are OEM'ing them from BakFlip. Next I will add the BedRug Mat and Tailgate Mat. I've used BedRug full bed covers and loved them, but this time I'm only going with the fitted floor and tailgate mats.

Here they are:
E644D031-E325-47C2-AB40-7A7E57284C01.jpg
17236C7D-B0D3-425E-B427-2961354A7C33.jpg

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Monsoon, doing the same as you! I had my MX4 put on yesterday (aftermarket) and my Bedbug mat and tailgate mat showed up from Amazon today. Putting them in tonight!

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same! LOVE the MX4. Had it on my '14 (which I now need to sell it) and I had the MX4 for the '17 in my garage before I had the truck. I also have the BakBox...love that as well. I went with a 21" Antenna. Sits level with the top of the cab and reception is fine. I have also Tinted Front windows, hard wired and mounted radar detector, Bed Mat, LEDs for license plate lights, Husky under seat box. That was week 1! Can't wait to get some lights on the front and exhaust!

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a link for the antenna you bought?
Funny, I have the Bakflip MX4, Bedrug mat and tailgate piece in my garage now. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit before I install it. :biggrin:

brauntrader

Reaction score
Same! LOVE the MX4. Had it on my '14 (which I now need to sell it) and I had the MX4 for the '17 in my garage before I had the truck. I also have the BakBox...love that as well. I went with a 21" Antenna. Sits level with the top of the cab and reception is fine. I have also Tinted Front windows, hard wired and mounted radar detector, Bed Mat, LEDs for license plate lights, Husky under seat box. That was week 1! Can't wait to get some lights on the front and exhaust!

Can you access the "Bakbox" even if you have a MX4 Cover on the truck?

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, no problem. The bakbox is easly accessible when you fold the MX4 back. And the bakbox folds up against the back of the bed out of the way when you need the bed space. Love the combo and use it constantly!

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Do you happen to have a link for the antenna you bought?
Funny, I have the Bakflip MX4, Bedrug mat and tailgate piece in my garage now. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit before I install it. :biggrin:

I am assuming you are asking the OP, but here is the one I got, just as another option:
21" Antenna on Amazon

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, no problem. The bakbox is easly accessible when you fold the MX4 back. And the bakbox folds up against the back of the bed out of the way when you need the bed space. Love the combo and use it constantly!

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

I am assuming you are asking the OP, but here is the one I got, just as another option:
21" Antenna on Amazon

Looks like they have a bunch of different sizes to choose from. Thanks!