Fire Extinguishers ! Who's got 'em ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pup

Reaction score
Just keep a fire stick in your truck. $$$, but old fashioned fire extinguishers are, well, old fashioned.

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
2 words " Quick Release" Grab a mount with a lever you pull for instant release. In an emergency those clamps are horrible. Someone went to a building and got one before I could get mine un-done years ago for a buddies truck on fire.

This!

Spend the coin and get a quick release ( the knob release or ring release ).

You'd be amazed at how long it will take you to fiddle with the rubbled straps or metal clips when you REALLY need the extinguisher.

Also, the quickfist clamps do not hold an extinguisher as securely as I'd like when off road going fast. I haven't had any issues with the drake mounts.

I run one in front of the passenger seat ( H3R 2.5 lbs) and a second in the bed on a builtright panel ( Amerex ABC 5 lb), both on quick releases.

While no mess, I am always nervous with Halon. It is pretty easy under stress to fire a halon agent, have it bounce back a bit into your face and then promptly pass out or get REALLY lightheaded.

I also blame years of going in and out of data centers and reading all of the " you will die" warning signs on the halon systems.

Last edited:

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a Halon HR3 inside, which is the same one in my airplane. Then I have a second one (standard red ABC) in the bed. I just ordered the BuiltRight mounts for the bed like you have pictured. I always carry one, (and many in the house), because I had to use one once to save a kid trapped in a go-cart on fire. (It's interesting how time slows down in those situations).

I kind of wish that I bought a good quality ABC model with a metal nozzle and lever. The extra rating for solid combustibles is certainly worthwhile, and I don’t drive a one of a kind vintage vehicle or a race car that really could use the clean non-damaging media/gas contained in my very small extinguisher.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you guys heard of Cold Fire extinguishers? The company I work for all use them and I bought a 2.5 Gal in my truck, no mess and no fumes.

My brother has one also and he saw a another semi with the brakes on fire and 3 empty regular extinguishers next to it and still on fire, he stopped got out his cold fire and put the fire out using 1/4 of his 2.5Gal Cold Fire.

Here is a video.
https://youtu.be/uGYINCSgxOc

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would let the mother f#cker burn. Just get another one.

**** that. With the amount of time and money some of us have in our trucks, insurance would not even come close.

I suppose it makes sense to let it burn if you're just renting your truck from the bank, though.

I have the two of the H3R quick release setups for my truck. Pics of the passenger side mount attached. Ran out of time last time we were working on the truck to get the other one installed so the driver's side extinguisher currently resides in my recovery gear box in the bed (which as others have noted is completely worthless in an emergency).

Note: my lady is tall (5'9") and thin and she still does not approve of this location. I personally don't even notice it's there. So stick with the driver's side unless your lady plays for the WNBA.

Regardless, one (really) quick pull of the release tab and this one is ready to roll.

Attachments

• IMG_3642.jpg
    IMG_3642.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3646.jpg
    IMG_3646.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3655.jpg
    IMG_3655.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 121
D

Deleted member 12951

Just keep a fire stick in your truck. $$$, but old fashioned fire extinguishers are, well, old fashioned.

Just looked that up. That looks like some cool technology. I see they have a rollbar mount and seat rail mount. I have 3 H3R Fire Extinguishers on my truck and now thinking of switching over to the Fire sticks since they last longer.

https://elementfire.com/

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Fire extinguishers aren’t just about asset protection. You may have something, or someone(s) valuable to you in the truck.

will you still let the m*ther f*cker burn?

Or you could find yourself off roading with #ThatGuy. it’s happened to us all at one point. #ThatGuy almost always thinks the campfire isn’t big enough, he can fit past your truck without damaging it, won’t get stuck in the 2 foot deep ruts, and driving after a few beers is fine. his definition of a few is significantly more than #Averageguy.

You may be on site when #ThatGuy starts a soon to be conflagration and being unprepared for it is not a smart life choice.