Fire Extinguishers ! Who's got 'em ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving my truck today when I passed a burned out Volvo on the way home. And then it occurred to me. I should get an extinguisher. So, Who has one already installed, what type do you have, and where did you get it. I'm looking at the Drake Offroad mount on Amazon right now, but mounting it could prove interesting since I don't have a jeep, or an exposed tube. Any thoughts an opinions are appreciated.

FN-2187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got "the Bracketeer" and H3R performance extinguisher. got both on Amazon for my 2010. I mounted it under my driver seat and never really notice it there. I've seen them mounted on the passenger side, but personally I'd rather have it on the DS since its the quickest accessible spot if I were to need it.

28141151047_72d0ef9322_b.jpg

(not my picture, just one on the internet i found)

by_f150_3_2737c165260f8662c7e6f297ddc64f63d7fbacda.jpg

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 words " Quick Release" Grab a mount with a lever you pull for instant release. In an emergency those clamps are horrible. Someone went to a building and got one before I could get mine un-done years ago for a buddies truck on fire.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HR3 from Amazon mounted to a Builtright rack is what I have.

I also have a Halon HR3 inside, which is the same one in my airplane. Then I have a second one (standard red ABC) in the bed. I just ordered the BuiltRight mounts for the bed like you have pictured. I always carry one, (and many in the house), because I had to use one once to save a kid trapped in a go-cart on fire. (It's interesting how time slows down in those situations).