FINALLY some Raptor competition... maybe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beastly Ram Rebel TR, TRX Coming

Per the article linked above, it looks like Ram is probably moving ahead with the Rebel TR (naturally aspirated 7.0L Hemi) and TRX (supercharged 6.4L Hemi). No info, re: suspension, etc...

That said, Ram's coils on the rear axle should allow for some pretty interesting stuff...

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Beastly Ram Rebel TR, TRX Coming

Per the article linked above, it looks like Ram is probably moving ahead with the Rebel TR (naturally aspirated 7.0L Hemi) and TRX (supercharged 6.4L Hemi). No info, re: suspension, etc...

That said, Ram's coils on the rear axle should allow for some pretty interesting stuff...

FCA has zero budget to be throwing at a niche projects. They're barely staying afloat and so desperate for money they are looking at selling Jeep to the Chinese.

The Hellcat/Demon is a 20 year old chassis they inherited from Mercedes and they only thing they could do to keep it somewhat relevant was slapping a blower on it. Without cheap tricks like that, they have nothing. I expect their "off-road" truck will be much of the same.

OP
OP
B

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...slapping a blower on it. Without cheap tricks like that, they have nothing. I expect their "off-road" truck will be much of the same.

Yeah, that's kinda my concern, is that they throw a bunch of motor at it, along with a transmission and axles that can cope, and then do a bunch of cosmetic stuff to make it look bad ass... and that the whole package effectively goes to shit if you use more than 25% throttle off-pavement.

I hope not, because I think that Ford could use some, uh, market motivation to keep improving the Raptor...

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GM has something out for PR. When I looked at the "fine print", it's bad ass "Raptor killer" was a dealer installed kit. Nothing factory built.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FCA has zero budget to be throwing at a niche projects. They're barely staying afloat and so desperate for money they are looking at selling Jeep to the Chinese.

The Hellcat/Demon is a 20 year old chassis they inherited from Mercedes and they only thing they could do to keep it somewhat relevant was slapping a blower on it. Without cheap tricks like that, they have nothing. I expect their "off-road" truck will be much of the same.

You never know. Apple was desperate for money at one point as well. So desperate in fact that Microsoft had to bail them out with a $150 million investment. Apple then came out with the original iMac which was a huge success an then the iPod a few year later which put them on the path they're on today.

Reaction score
I love my new Raptor but I tell you what..a 700 HP monster V8 doesn't sound like it would suck...will certainly sound better than what Ford is offering.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You never know. Apple was desperate for money at one point as well. So desperate in fact that Microsoft had to bail them out with a $150 million investment. Apple then came out with the original iMac which was a huge success an then the iPod a few year later which put them on the path they're on today.

Their CEO said lately they have no money to invest in development and is why all of their products are falling behind the competition.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Their CEO said lately they have no money to invest in development and is why all of their products are falling behind the competition.

nor do they need to.

Apple owns SO many patents on leveraging NAND in consumer products and on using it for commercially available storage media.

Yes, apple gets a licensing Vig for EVERY SINGLE NAND DEVICE sold.

Period.

Up until a month ago, I worked with the person listed as the inventor of that group of patents. He made the sadface computer notification on ipods a thing of the past. Pretty cool that Steve Jobs was willing to take the risk of being the first to do this.

Apple could go on autopilot and be just fine.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nor do they need to.

Apple owns SO many patents on leveraging NAND in consumer products and it commercially available storage media.

Yes, apple gets a licensing Vig for EVERY SINGLE NAND DEVICE sold.

Period.

Up until a month ago, I worked with the person listed as the inventor on that group of patents.

Apple could go on autopilot and be just fine.

I was actually talking about FCA. AAPL has more cash than God at this point.