Finally order completed 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my experience finding a place to order my 2018 is over and it sucked. I have been lied to, deceived, ****** around but now order in and just have to wait. The dealer by my house in NC told me msrp then while building said 7k markup, I left and today was told by them 2800 markup they will do just for me. Haha please. So I didn't place any order their. I called around and was told 10k over from ford in Wilmington NC haha no thank you I said. Most wanted 5-8k over but finally I found what I had been looking for. I placed my order about a hour ago for 1,750 over invoice. I might could have gotten lower but at this point I was happy with 1750 over invoice and nowhere near msrp. So it's all done but the waiting now and I'm ok with that. I was told not to share their info because they I was give. The best price of anybody so far ordering thru them. Which I still think flat invoice price would've been better :). I ordered a black 2018 with accent package, carbon, moonroof, 802A, raptor technology, heated rear, tailgate step, spray in liner,so everything but no graphics or bed extender etc.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will for sure, till then I will just have to drool while I look at all of yours, just happy I saved up so much money to spend on all the mods I have planned

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, they are a really small dealership, only got two allocations for 2017 models, they are hopeing for more for the 2018s but not sure yet the GM said

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, they are a really small dealership, only got two allocations for 2017 models, they are hopeing for more for the 2018s but not sure yet the GM said

So they only get 2 per year and easily can get msrp for them yet they sold for thousands less??? Good for you, but if I was the owner, I would fire the GM

Hopefully they told you the truth about an existing allocation. Many got fooled by that trick last year.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GM said they would sell every raptor they could get their hands on for way lower prices then other dealers, especially for msrp, he said he would do that all day because at msrp he said he still makes a lot off them. The only problem is they are small and just don't get the allocations nor people around their having money to buy an expensive truck like this. So basically the faster he can sell them I guess the better chance they have of getting anymore allocations I guess. It sorta makes since for a small dealership to just wanna sell them and make good money vs letting them sit in the lot asking 5-10k markup like the other dealerships are doing around here . I told him all the problems I was having and being lied to by dealers while trying to order a new raptor and he gave me the great deal. Maybe he felt bad for a fellow haha idk. He said they sold on of their 2017allocations trucks to a dealership earlier this year for a lot more than the deal he gave me. So that felt pretty good to hear

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

I did have to put down 4K , so if something happens and I can't get the truck when it comes in I'm out the 4K. But I don't see this happening

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Well he got only 2 allocations for 2017 he said, one sold to another dealer and one sold for msrp to a local guy.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I would have payed msrp with no problem but I told them I could get 1k over invoice deal out of state but would rather buy from them if they could match this price. I was just seeing what would happen, he then said how about 2k over and we settled at 1750

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

So my advice to guys shopping around is shoot for below msrp and talk to the smaller town dealerships. Not everybody thinks they have to make atleast 20k each truck sale

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope you get it for as low as possible, but your story does not make sense.

"The GM said they would sell every raptor they could get their hands on for way lower prices then other dealers, especially for msrp, he said he would do that all day because at msrp he said he still makes a lot off them."

(sell every raptor??? what? all 2 of them? and he's not selling at MSRP, he's selling for 1000's less.)

"So basically the faster he can sell them I guess the better chance they have of getting anymore allocations I guess."

(nope. not how it works.)

" It sorta makes since for a small dealership to just wanna sell them and make good money vs letting them sit in the lot asking 5-10k markup like the other dealerships are doing around here"

(Not really what was happening here. He was never letting anything sit on the lot nor was he asking 5-10K markup.)

"I told him all the problems I was having and being lied to by dealers while trying to order a new raptor and he gave me the great deal. Maybe he felt bad for a fellow haha idk"

(Yea. I'm sure thats why he gave you a great deal! LOL)

"He said they sold on of their 2017allocations trucks to a dealership earlier this year for a lot more than the deal he gave me."

(And he didn't want to do that again because.......?????)

Look, I really do hope you get a great deal, but something just doesnt add up, so I would be shocked if you actually have a truck within the next 10 months. Just telling you that so you can plan accordingly. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? What is your deal I'm kinda confused. Are you salty that I finally found a place to order my 2018 raptor for a descent price? I really figured someone might actually be happy for me but never thought anybody would be salty. My truck I should have around Christmas time if no big delays but I did order it with carbon and interior accent package with beadlock wheels. So it could get delayed longer due to how I built it as we have seen from other orders. But I'm in no way in a big hurry, I didn't really want to get one till summer of 2018 but figured I should go ahead and order now due to delays a lot of owners had. But I appreciate your concern for my custom order I did today but I really don't care what you think. I was just happy about finally ordering my truck and wanted to share if with others. But you have a good day good Sir. And troll on

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I'm happy about my order and that's all that really matters, I could have one in my driveway right now as their are plenty in the ford dealership parking lots right now. But I chose to custom order and save money even if I have to wait awhile. It makes no difference to me. I'm rethinking posting threads on here from now on because seems like everytime I read something it's another member flaming another or just trying to bring that person down wishing bad luck on them. This completely blows my mind as to why guys on here are doing this to each other. I personally don't see any reason for this but hey I'm just pretty normal person anyway

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Agree. The salty ******** that paid MSRP + are now realizing they screwed up badly.

You did just fine buying this, but do yourself a HUGE favor and keep it 100% stock so that the warranty will remain intact. You will need it. With your low purchase price, you are set up well to trade off when the new engine is ready!