FINALLY got a TRUE, removable towing solution..(see pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped reading the post after the first few lines you are to mad.
but damn that is some great pictures you a photographer or something? looked like a magazine add lol. very nice truck also.
did it help with wheel hop? I know sorry like I said I stoped reading.

It’s cool man. No problem.

Haha....photography is just a hobby. Always forget to post pics on here. That’s why I always point people to instagram. I post a lot of pictures there.

Haven’t tried it for anything other than regular on-road driving and towing and so far that’s been as smooth as stock.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

What length did they go with for the shock and was the 2.0 better suited than a 2.5 inch air shock?

I may try to fan up the brackets since I have a good friend that welds.

Thanks for all the answers. I've been leaning towards bump stop kit and this apparently is better from your real life testing with other tow options.

It’s a 10” shock. Guessing just for clearance sakes it made more sense. Can’t see needing any more than that really. It’s only a “helper” shock after all.

Yeah man, I’m SO glad I didn’t go the bump-stop route. If it’s for a quick hop over to the lake with a boat, maybe. But to actually travel and cover any real distances with....no way man. Not sure if you saw my IG feed, but if you did you saw we get around (tow) a good bit. This is the way to go.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m gonna goto your IG page just to see your photography skills lol

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Yup you have very good pictures skills. That’s a cool ass motor home also looks perfect with the Raptor

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're gonna have to peel that Fox sticker off and put one back on turned 180°!! It's just asking for trouble the way you've got it. ;-) Nice setup.

So GP1152, when you get where you're going, do you find that you are typically:
a) just disconnecting from RV and driving as is?
b) disconnecting from RV and airing down the shocks a bit?
c) disconnecting from RV, airing down all the way and removing shocks ??

Guessing those are the 500 lbs max load Fox# 980-02-018. Jspeers89 if you want more beef, the 2.5" x 12" Fox# 980-02-241 are rated at 1,200 lbs max load...but are about 7" longer extended/5" longer compressed. So that may make your decision.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped reading the post after the first few lines you are to mad.
but damn that is some great pictures you a photographer or something? looked like a magazine add lol. very nice truck also.
did it help with wheel hop? I know sorry like I said I stoped reading.

lol. He does lay it on thick. OP, if you go a little easy on the praise, it may convince more people of the merits. You are just a little too sickly sweet on this setup.

There are multiple towing focused upgrade options available. An add-a-leaf and timbren would be about $1000. Deavers is about $1500-$1750 including install. This option seems to be on the higher end at $2000.

If it is truly the better option, $2000 isn't bad. But I'd need more than just one person to share the positive review before buying it. And if they can't package it as a kit with instructions and insist on everyone bringing their truck to the shop in person, that's a no go as well.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks GP1152 (birth month/year?) for sharing this towing solution. Seems like a great way to go and it's how we can tow/haul and play in our Raptors which makes Raptors great again :mwah1:

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol. He does lay it on thick. OP, if you go a little easy on the praise, it may convince more people of the merits. You are just a little too sickly sweet on this setup.

There are multiple towing focused upgrade options available. An add-a-leaf and timbren would be about $1000. Deavers is about $1500-$1750 including install. This option seems to be on the higher end at $2000.

If it is truly the better option, $2000 isn't bad. But I'd need more than just one person to share the positive review before buying it. And if they can't package it as a kit with instructions and insist on everyone bringing their truck to the shop in person, that's a no go as well.

Mind if I ask which you chose and what you're towing behind your Raptor?

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure.

I tow a dual axle 7x14 steel trailer with two, sometimes three superbikes, spare wheels, tools, living conveniences such as bedding, microwave, keurig etc., gear. All in, I'd estimate between 5000-5500 lbs.

I added a leaf in the rear to bring my rear ride height up after the RPG collars put me slightly nose high. I am also considering adding the timbren to prevent future sagging of the rear leaf stack. I live in Boston, so no matter how fantastic your solution, its not great enough for me to drive to california. Hence my earlier point about them needing to package it or it doesn't matter to anyone outside your immediate area.

9ac7064d2fe67d147eefa8e8be3972b7.jpg85254cca8ff3f864764108b8211f616b.jpg

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing anyone that knows a welder could put this together without going to Cali. Just got to be motivated.

Secondly do you use a weight hitch gp?

I'm assuming that if the trophy truck guys didn't use s 2.5 it must not be needed unless they calculated 6000k weight hauling and not close to max tow. Hmmm

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

I also think the setup can come in cheaper than 2k. That was prol with them fabricating the setup.

Welding 300, shocks 700, hardware and metal 150. Done and cheaper than alot of options.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sold. Who and where are these guys? They don't seem to have a website.

I've got a trip to Sequoia/Yosemite planned for the spring and I'd be willing to take a few days out to drive down to Burbank.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great discussion of towing options and considerations. I think the nice part of this solution is that it's 100% removable and back to stock ride. The real question is whether some of the other options being discussed perhaps make the ride and handling of the Raptor even better (or worse) when you're not towing? And also...are there advantages to this solution for towing that outweigh the others. Thanks everyone for the open sharing of info. I don't tow often so this fully removable option is intriguing.