FINALLY got a TRUE, removable towing solution..(see pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can the shop sell these as kits or is there fabrication involved that we need to bring our trucks to them?

This looks like a good solution, but you do know that the towing problem has been solved already by other ways right? An add-a-leaf and a timbren SES are one way to solve it and that doesn't affect unloaded ride quality either.

You’d have to take the truck there as here is fabrication involved, but like I said, I would have driven cross country for this.
Dude, no disrespect, but I already had airbags, which is basically what the timbren setup you mention is. I promise you I t’s not even close to the same thing. I had that for years on our previous raptor and now again on this new one. It’s what we just took off of this Raptor and replaced with the Fox Shocks pictured. Trust me. As someone that travels/tows with his truck 2 weeks a month, that previous setup is 100% not the same thing as this. I don’t lose any wheel travel at all here and even just towing is night and day difference.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Cool set up but where do you find an air compressor that goes to 250psi ?

Thanks! I mentioned it in the post. Fill is via a small nitrogen tank which, when/if you need one, this is the one you want. I’ll post pics of it in just a bit. You fill it the same way you would a tire, but the cavity is obviously much smaller so it fills in a few seconds (almost instantly). This tank is bad-ass. You can also use it to fill tires in a fraction of the time a compressor would fill them with.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

That’s cool. Thanks for sharing.

Great idea and an absolutely great setup. Right on man!

Thanks guys. After so many years with a not so great solution I can’t tell you how much better this is. This is a zero sacrifice solution.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Guessing a 10lb CO2 or N2 tank would do the job,

Innovative solution, does that lower shock mount hang low or get hung up on stuff?

Correct, the guys at Power Tank set me up with this tank. This is the way to go.

Doesn’t hang low. That’s one of the best parts about this. He fabricated the mounts to be completely level with the stock shock mount. The mount he fabricated also boxes in the bottom of the shock to protect it. ����

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

This will also help with wheel hop/axle wrap. Does it bottom out before hitting the actual bump stops?

I would use this method with an off road trailer if I don't lose rear end travel and articulation.

It would just about take an act of god to bottom out. Remember that with this shock the rear end is up where it would normally be and therefor has the same amount of travel before bottoming out. With the air shocks picking up the slack of the additional trailer weight, if you couldn’t bottom out under normal driving conditions (say on the highway), you’re not going to bottom out with this either. Oh and no, I have all my wheel travel with this if I want to leave them on there but can just as easily remove the shocks as previously mentioned.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

This is really awesome and I hope it will be a kit available to DIY install at some point.

Unlikely man. There was a good amount of fabrication but if your within striking distance of them, drive there and do it. Totally worth it.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

rad. what airstream is that btw? (I have airstreaem envy)

Thanks man. It’s a 23D. I’ll spare the server here all the pics as theres tons of pics of it on my instagram (@gm3sf)

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a simple solution and clean install. Love the pics BTW.

Thanks
Yeah these guys do quality work!! If someone that didn’t know how it looks stock saw it there’s no way they wouldn’t think it was stock and just came that way.

Last edited:

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did you pay to complete this? Possible to get closer pics of brackets at top and bottom. Trying to see how it's connected.

Great to hear that there is an even better possible solution to help with towing that came from outside the box thinking.

OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple and effective - good work!

Thanks a lot man.

How much did you pay to complete this? Possible to get closer pics of brackets at top and bottom. Trying to see how it's connected.

Great to hear that there is an even better possible solution to help with towing that came from outside the box thinking.

He's charging $2,500, All-In with the Fox shocks and all. If you ask me, that was a damn bargain for the functionality I'm getting. I'd pay as much or more for a crappy bump-stop solution that'll wouldn't give me anywhere NEAR the ride quality or versatility of this setup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GM3SF

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what the Nitrogen tank looks like.

power-tank-1.jpg

power-tank-2.jpg

power-tank-3.jpg

Last edited:

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped reading the post after the first few lines you are to mad.
but damn that is some great pictures you a photographer or something? looked like a magazine add lol. very nice truck also.
did it help with wheel hop? I know sorry like I said I stoped reading.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What length did they go with for the shock and was the 2.0 better suited than a 2.5 inch air shock?

I may try to fan up the brackets since I have a good friend that welds.

Thanks for all the answers. I've been leaning towards bump stop kit and this apparently is better from your real life testing with other tow options.