Finally!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. You and I both know the whole GT350 paint ordeals and I hear similar stuff going on here. At least panel gaps aren't as much an issue.

I'm probably gonna do a chemical peel when mine comes in, then a nice clay and prep and then protectant.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. You and I both know the whole GT350 paint ordeals and I hear similar stuff going on here. At least panel gaps aren't as much an issue.

I'm probably gonna do a chemical peel when mine comes in, then a nice clay and prep and then protectant.

Yep. It's really a shame. Ford Performance is putting out some fantastic products right now and the QC is just shit.

Panel gaps on the Raptor are good. Tailgate is a little off but that can be easily adjusted....I think.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume black will be easier to see flaws in than Avalanche. Hopefully what I learn here I can use on my R.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Finally getting to my first handwash. The paint is terrible. I mean terrible. More RIDS, scratches, and watermarks than you can utterly stand. Obviously the combo of sitting outside at a rail yard, plus who knows who did what to it while Ford had it. I'm guessing a lot of it can be repaired by a good detailed. It's too much for me to want to tackle. I'll definitely be contacting Ford to see if I can at least get them to cover part of the detail. The paint is that bad.

The rest of the truck is awesome

Mine was horrible as well. I ended up spending about $500 on various products from Adam's and was able to get it to about 98-99% of where I would have wanted it when it was delivered.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was horrible as well. I ended up spending about $500 on various products from Adam's and was able to get it to about 98-99% of where I would have wanted it when it was delivered.

Yeah. I have plenty of product. Just don't feel like doing it. I may anyway. But there's a local detailer that's pretty top notch. May just have him correct and seal it. Or maybe opticoat it

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I have plenty of product. Just don't feel like doing it. I may anyway. But there's a local detailer that's pretty top notch. May just have him correct and seal it. Or maybe opticoat it

If I had someone near me that I could trust, I would probably have gone that route. I may eventually have that done but I don't mind tackling some light duty stuff myself.

I was able to get most of the scratches out myself and it was my first time with a polisher so someone that is top notch should have it looking perfect in no time.

The rust on the axle is something on my list to tackle as well. I want to hit it with some rust remover and a wire brush and then put some type of rust converting coating on it.

SKT

Reaction score

Great looking truck!

It's a shame that the paint is so horrible from the factory.