Finally!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you give us insight as to how the dealer turned off the fake engine noise, as I'm sure many will say they can't.

They have to use their IDS Tool. It's turned off in the sound system. What I've come to find is some Techs know where it is and others don't and I think that's why you get the "we can't do it".

Here's a screen shot to help guide them to the right place:

IMG_5012.jpg

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The first time you plug your iPhone in it gives you an option to disable it. Otherwise it's in the settings menu.

Never having a vehicle with car play what don't you like about it? I think on some cars it's the only way you can have nav but I could be wrong. Doing some research on it since the next car we get will have it.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never having a vehicle with car play what don't you like about it? I think on some cars it's the only way you can have nav but I could be wrong. Doing some research on it since the next car we get will have it.

It's primarily the graphics for me. I just think they could be so much better. I have a car with CarPlay only as well and it's better than not having those options. It's still a little glitchy too.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's primarily the graphics for me. I just think they could be so much better. I have a car with CarPlay only as well and it's better than not having those options. It's still a little glitchy too.

I agree but I still like the Carplay interface better than ugly ass Sync 3. It looks like Windows XP, and I can't figure out why they couldn't put an ounce of effort into the design when so many other companies have slick looking systems.

If you can give it a try, Android Auto looks and works awesome compared to Sync 3 and Carplay. Maps, Google search, the graphics are all fantastic and if you have Google Play Music the app is awesome. But obviously switching to an Android phone isn't for everyone especially just to get Android Auto. I'm using a Nexus 6P and it works 100% with the truck, no glitches.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! Nice write up and the Roosts looks great as does the 0" offset. I'm with you on the sound. I don't think it's bad at all...and it walks the walk on the highway...doesn't matter what it sounds like....it's FAST.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Finally getting to my first handwash. The paint is terrible. I mean terrible. More RIDS, scratches, and watermarks than you can utterly stand. Obviously the combo of sitting outside at a rail yard, plus who knows who did what to it while Ford had it. I'm guessing a lot of it can be repaired by a good detailed. It's too much for me to want to tackle. I'll definitely be contacting Ford to see if I can at least get them to cover part of the detail. The paint is that bad.

The rest of the truck is awesome