A few questions on new order options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did a few searches and didn't find answers for these. Thank you all beforehand, this is a great site that has already helped me a lot. I'm finalizing my order this week.

I was wondering what your thoughts were between the factory spray liner and a good aftermarket one like Line-X or Rhino?

Is the bed divider worthwhile or a waste of money?

If you order the beadlocks, do you also get the standard wheels from the dealer? I know that sounds like a dumb question, but I'm friends with someone at a Chevy dealer, and if you order the optional wheels for a Camaro, the wheels come separately and the dealer ends up with both sets of wheels, one set of tires. If a customers knows to ask for them they get them. if you don't know to ask, the dealer keeps them.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get line- x after. (Most think it's better and lifetime warranty). They can put on your bedcover for you too.

I might get the bed extender. It can be turned
around and used as a divider.

Optional wheels only get you that set. (Not 2)
You may just want to get aftermarket wheels instead. More choices and cheaper.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Line X Premium hands down.
Fords is thin and theres no surface prep
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k1j-pMbKDbU

I use the folding bed extender. Its good when you have only a few things in the back. All the perks of the bed divider with more versatility.

No mattet which route you go with wheels its only 1 set with a matching spare.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a few searches and didn't find answers for these. Thank you all beforehand, this is great site that has already helped me a lot. I'm finalizing my order this week.

I was wondering what your thoughts were between the factory spray liner and a good aftermarket one like Line-X or Rhino?

If you order the beadlocks, do you also get the standard wheels from the dealer? I know that sounds like a dumb question, but I'm friends with someone at a Chevy dealer, and if you order the optional wheels for a Camaro, the wheels come separately and the dealer ends up with both sets of wheels, one set of tires. If a customers knows to ask for them they get them. if you don't know to ask, the dealer keeps them.

1. Imo... (which usually proves to be correct bty) you should pass on the factory bed liner due to the fact that the factory bed liner is sub par to what line-x offers both in quality and warranty.
2. The bed divider is a bit overpriced but it is extremely handy for keeping and utilizing items that you want easy access to from the back that you don't want migrating all over the bed of your truck. That being said its not necessary to include in your order because you can pick it up at any dealer after the fact for the same price...
3. I don't know of any instance that both sets of wheels have been included but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask... who knows, you may be the first. But I'd speculate chances are probably slim on that one. Best of luck sir. D

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get line- x after. (Most think it's better and lifetime warranty). They can put on your bedcover for you too.

I might get the bed extender. It can be turned
around and used as a divider.

Optional wheels only get you that set. (Not 2)
You may just want to get aftermarket wheels instead. More choices and cheaper.

Good call on the extender, never thought about being able to use it for both. I just looked and it's also $50 cheaper. If you just get the one wheel set, sounds like aftermarket is the way to go. i was looking at the Fuel and Method wheels. I'm getting Oxford white, some of the bronze wheels look awesome with the white.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Line X Premium hands down.
Fords is thin and theres no surface prep
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k1j-pMbKDbU

I use the folding bed extender. Its good when you have only a few things in the back. All the perks of the bed divider with more versatility.

No mattet which route you go with wheels its only 1 set with a matching spare.

I just added the extender, thanks, I'm glad I asked.

1. Imo... (which usually proves to be correct bty) you should pass on the factory bed liner due to the fact that the factory bed liner is sub par to what line-x offers both in quality and warranty.
2. The bed divider is a bit overpriced but it is extremely handy for keeping and utilizing items that you want easy access to from the back that you don't want migrating all over the bed of your truck. That being said its not necessary to include in your order because you can pick it up at any dealer after the fact for the same price...
3. I don't know of any instance that both sets of wheels have been included but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask... who knows, you may be the first. But I'd speculate chances are probably slim on that one. Best of luck sir. D

The dealer told me the bed pockets were made different to accommodate the divider, that sounded goofy to me.

Last edited:

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the bed ext3nder and love it. 3rd f150 with one. The only thing ford didn’t take into consideration is the placement of the on/off switch for the bed LED light switch. With the bed extender inward you cannot get to the switch without reaching over the side of the bed to get to it. It is blocked by the extender itself. They should have placed the switch higher to account for the options.

Personally I went with the factory spray in liner. Personally no complaints, I don’t haul anything other than grocery’s anyway so it will do for me. Anyway there are no line-x dealers near me only rhino lining and I don’t care for the look of them.

Last edited:

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good call on the extender, never thought about being able to use it for both. I just looked and it's also $50 cheaper. If you just get the one wheel set, sounds like aftermarket is the way to go. i was looking at the Fuel and Method wheels. I'm getting Oxford white, some of the bronze wheels look awesome with the white.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I just added the extender, thanks, I'm glad I asked.

The dealer told me the bed pockets were made different to accommodate the divider, that sounded goofy to me.

Nah.. It's all boxlink compatible. They are most likely mistaken.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It is okay for light duty, in any event, get a bedrug, it is AWESOME, especially if you have to crawl into the bed, it really saves your knees.

Yup, I am getting a allocated one and it does not come with it, I will be picking one up. It works great, I used it a fair amount on my 2014.

Unless you love the look of the factory ones, I would get the standard ones, buy after market and then sell your old ones to some wanna be F150 owner. (That's what I did on my 2014)

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is okay for light duty, in any event, get a bedrug, it is AWESOME, especially if you have to crawl into the bed, it really saves your knees.

Yup, I am getting a allocated one and it does not come with it, I will be picking one up. It works great, I used it a fair amount on my 2014.

Unless you love the look of the factory ones, I would get the standard ones, buy after market and then sell your old ones to some wanna be F150 owner. (That's what I did on my 2014)

Thanks, that's what I was thinking of doing on the wheels. I thought the Fuel Beast and the Rotiform Six OR both looked really good.