Fender Flare Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

typecase

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I had a question about the fender flares. I wanted to order a replacement right rear fender flare but wanted to know if it's unpainted or if it comes the same color grey as all of the other trim. They seem to be the same color on all the Raptors I've seen. Basically, is the trim painted or is the color part of the plastic.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

jvo5319

Reaction score
i replaced mine not too long ago. they definitely come painted metallic grey like the original.

OP
OP
T

typecase

Reaction score
Thanks. That's a relief. The parts guy at the dealer I spoke to told me it was "unpainted" so I was concerned it just came black or whatever. Do you know what your part number was? Also, did you install it yourself? A YouTube video I saw suggested you need a trim pry tool which can harm the paint if you're not careful.

I was given part number HL3Z9929164AA

jvo5319

Reaction score
i dont have the part number. mine was driver side rear. i called a few places with the same questions. one guy was able to walk in the back and check to see if it was painted so you should be good!

Maxcap

Reaction score
It definitely comes painted... the stock color matched perfect with the original on my magnetic gray. It's very easy to install... literally the old pops off and the new on with the original retention clips.

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theres a video of it on the Autovlog youtube channel. His wife rubbed against a parking pole and he shows how to replace it.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That's a relief. The parts guy at the dealer I spoke to told me it was "unpainted" so I was concerned it just came black or whatever. Do you know what your part number was? Also, did you install it yourself? A YouTube video I saw suggested you need a trim pry tool which can harm the paint if you're not careful.

I was given part number HL3Z9929164AA

Here's a video that makes removing the fender flares look pretty easy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZqc_gAS04M

Birel22

Reaction score
How much are the flares? I LineX them on my '13 and am contemplating it on the incoming one.

OP
OP
T

typecase

Reaction score
How much are the flares? I LineX them on my '13 and am contemplating it on the incoming one.

I was quoted $280 plus tax. Online you can find it for cheaper though.

Thanks for the all the replies. This video from autovlog that was referenced earlier makes it look even easier than getting a pry tool.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted $280 plus tax. Online you can find it for cheaper though.

Thanks for the all the replies. This video from autovlog that was referenced earlier makes it look even easier than getting a pry tool.

Ya, he has someone else fix it. The only thing he seems good at is breaking his vehicles.