The Fast Lane Truck 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching the video, I think that there's going to be plenty of performance found in tunes... a touch more boost, maybe a bit of timing, and sharpen up the shifts on the transmission, and Bob's your uncle.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed their part 1 video. To their credit they did two measures. First was 6.5 is? Cant wait till they get more time with he truck. Part 2 should be good. Off road segments.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did not know Baja Mode has a moderate anti lag system.

Full boost on the turbos is about 70k RPM and Baja mode keeps it no less than 20k RPM.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm very excited about the Baja anti lag settting. I HATE turbo lag which is why I'm sellling my ridiculously powerful tuned 911 turbo and replacing with a much less powerful Aston Martin v8 vantage.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm very excited about the Baja anti lag settting. I HATE turbo lag which is why I'm sellling my ridiculously powerful tuned 911 turbo and replacing with a much less powerful Aston Martin v8 vantage.

with how small the turbos are and the gearing i really don't think people will experience turbo lag with these. if you look at the TQ curve the light off very early.
if you have turbo lag on those cars then IMO they are to big.
my twin turbo corvette has ZERO lag because the turbos are the correct size for the engine.

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with how small the turbos are and the gearing i really don't think people will experience turbo lag with these. if you look at the TQ curve the light off very early.
if you have turbo lag on those cars then IMO they are to big.
my twin turbo corvette has ZERO lag because the turbos are the correct size for the engine.

Turbo lag is always greatly over-exaggerated. You are not going to feel it on a stock vehicle let a lone a twin turbo 3.5 liter.

I've had built big turbo cars with small 4 cylinder engines which is where you feel the lag. Like 500+whp out of a 2.0 liter. Not hitting peak boost until 3500+ rpm's. I'd venture to say the 3.5 eb will be hitting peak boost very quickly.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo lag is always greatly over-exaggerated. You are not going to feel it on a stock vehicle let a lone a twin turbo 3.5 liter.

I've had built big turbo cars with small 4 cylinder engines which is where you feel the lag. Like 500+whp out of a 2.0 liter. Not hitting peak boost until 3500+ rpm's. I'd venture to say the 3.5 eb will be hitting peak boost very quickly.

exactly. the only lag your going to feel now is the DBW bs and the computer, these ecoboost's light off insanely fast, thats why they make so much TQ down low. little baby turbos.
im not sure how these trucks are setup but the ecoboost in my SHO could only go to around 2krpm brake boost before the computer would shut it down and in my opinion it made it feel slower anyway, when tuned it actually helped.

this truck with a tune is going to be a blast, it will probably be a year before one comes out but it should be a beast. id bet near 5sec 0-60's.... imagine that? i can't wait.

my SHO with just a tune was a completely different car, cant imagine what this truck will be with a whole different engine and different turbos etc.