extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu Du

Reaction score
how many are buying an extended warranty? I never do but I may on this truck. bumper to bumper up to 120,000 miles for $2400.

2022 SVT Fan

Reaction score
My dealer, Five Star Ford Stone Mountain, Snellville GA offers FREE lifetime power train warranty (not bumper to bumper though) on all new vehicles purchased from them. Just have to have them do all PM services. Pretty sweet deal. So I won't buying one. Stuff that's going to fail, (non power train related) historically will fail within the first 18-24 months. I work for a class 8 truck dealership and that is what decades of warranty data has shown for our dealerships.....

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually never do either, but I did the 100k warranty. Just never know with these new transmissions and all the electronics.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Ford extended warranties are really a no brainer * That said, there is no reason to buy it at time of purchase, unless you want to roll that cost into our loan.

Anytime before 3/36 you can add this, and likley for cheaper than your selling dealer will be offering it to you when new.

if you decided to trade in your truck to a dealer at any point, you can get a prorated amount back from ford based on how long you have had it... or if buyer of your truck sees value in it, it's only $75 to transfer it to new owner.

See flood ford rates online, no reason to pay more than that or buy it before 3/36 and you know you are keeping it.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"The Ford extended warranties are really a no brainer"

They are only a no-brainer for the dealership selling them!

OP
OP
B

Blu Du

Reaction score
we went with bumper to bumper for 8 yrs 120k for $2500. to be honest I am a chevy guy and I don't have any faith in this raptor that will be my wifes daily driver. if it come with a 100k power train warranty like chevy I would of been happy and left it at that. I figure the price of 1 turbo would cover it and this 10 speed tranny is in uncharted waters

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid for mine today. It will be here sometime between Tues and Thur this coming week. Got the paperwork done and signed today. They are letting me drive my current I'm trading in until my ride gets here in a few days.

As for the warranty, I paid 4k and put it into the loan. However, that covers everything for 6 years instead of the standard 3 plus bumper to bumper; any maintenance such as brake pads, oil changes, filters, shocks, etc; full tire coverage, any dings or dents for whatever reason up to 4" (anything past that will need to be covered by insurance), windshield cracks, a loaner vehicle anytime mine is at Ford for whatever reason, etc.) and there is no deductible on any of it. I did the math and as many said, to extend to 6 years is about 2k by itself for the bumper to bumper. Throw in synthetic oil changes for 6 years and you're around another 1800. One door ding and you're in the black plus anything else.

FYI, I usually don't go with extended or maintenance packages since I don't keep them that long usually. This one will be a keeper I figure and even if I don't, they will reimburse a pro rated amount of the balance of time remaining on the warranty.