Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never bought an extended warranty as I believe they're usually not worth it. Just wondering, has anyone priced a warranty on the Gen2? I'm curious what they sell for.

italianhound303

Reaction score
Go to Flood Ford's website and you can build / price your own extended warranty based off your VIN. It's easy and no hassle with the dealer.

OP
OP
Rickoo

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried on Ford's site and it didn't recognize the VIN yet. Didn't see that function on Flood Ford's site.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased an extended warranty for 60k miles and/or 6 years (whichever comes first) for $2,500. I only drive 8k miles a year so it will end up being covered for 6 years. One full year after it's paid for. Worth it in my opinion.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are worth it now, say your front seat stops working, if you have the warranty it just got paid for by that bad seat.

PMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mechanical breakdown coverage through Geico which is essentially the same as an extended warranty. I put it on in 2012 when I bought my Jeep and I've used it many times. It only cost about $7 more a month. The customer service there is really good. The service covers pretty much everything except maintenance so you don't end up in battles over whether or not the problem you're having is covered or not. Highly recommended.