Extended dealer warranty is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on keeping my 2018 Raptor for more than 3 years or 36,000 miles is it worth the extra expense for a longer warranty.
20 years ago when I bought my Bronco the dealer pushed this on me. I never opted for it I never had any manor issues with my bronco currently at 344,000 original miles.
I'm just wondering is it worth it and did any of you owners purchase one.

sledhead22

Reaction score
After having my 2012 Ecoboost blow up I wish I had bought extended warranty but live and learn. Depends if they will actually stand behind the warranty or not.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
New motor new tranny lots of one off parts..i did it... I plan on keeping mine for five plus years tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I paid about $1500. I have coverage to 100k miles and 8 years (when I will be in a new truck). That is a small amount when paying 68k for a truck so to me it was a no-brainer. Warranties aren't made to lose money for the manufacturer but the piece of mind is worth it to me especially on a truck that has more computers than the airplane I fly.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's worth it, but you have to negotiate the price down. At my dealer, the extended warranty also covers a rental car from enterprise located on-site. Otherwise i'd have to take their shuttle back home or pay for my own rental.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased ESP as well at the PremiumCare level. Word of advice is that before you walk in the dealership, check out prices online from other Ford dealers. My truck I didn't have time to do any research before buying ESP and ended up getting it from my own dealer who charged more. I cancelled my ESP plan within the refundable 30 days from my dealer and purchased it online as they offered more coverage for less money. But as I went in for tire vibration two days after purchase, I got dinged a little bit on the refund.

I also purchased the more controversial maintenance plan. A lot of people see this as a simple oil change with tire rotation, but I also read it covers some wear and tear items, the main item being shocks. The verbiage in PremiumCare doesn't specifically mention shocks under the suspension category, and I didn't want any surprises if one of those shocks failed.

One more thing, just read all of ESP plans and what it covers. Some don't have bulb coverage. The rear tail lights on this truck are full LED's, and if they are anything like my neighbors GMC Denali, the whole housing has to be replaced rather than a simple bulb. His out of pocket cost was $600 to have one side replaced at around 40k miles. Drives me insane when I see some people driving around with a LED burned out, now I know why.

Last edited: