Exhaust sound in cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up my Raptor today. Only have total of 3 miles now. Saw a video of a guy showing the difference with simulated exhaust sound on and then off. What is this and where is the control.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up my Raptor today. Only have total of 3 miles now. Saw a video of a guy showing the difference with simulated exhaust sound on and then off. What is this and where is the control.

There is not a "Control" You either disable this via ForeScan, or take it to the dealer and have them disable it through the IDS tool.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Also, that video is misleading - or rather, it can be misleading, based on what kind of sound system it’s played through.

The recording quality isn’t more than cell phone and if you’re playing through cheap computer speakers it probably sounds worse.

I disabled the in cabin engine noise and it’s not bad at all.

Birel22

Reaction score
I will be getting the piped in sound turned off via forscan. I hate that manufacturers have gone to synthetic engine notes.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be getting the piped in sound turned off via forscan. I hate that manufacturers have gone to synthetic engine notes.

They aren't synthetic, at least in the 'made up' sense of the word. The sounds are all from your exhaust, amped up mainly for volume. I went one day with the enhancement disabled, and the only difference was that the exhaust was quieter and the white noise was louder and noticeable. The tone didn't change at all, it still sounded the same in the cab to me, albeit very quiet.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They aren't synthetic, at least in the 'made up' sense of the word. The sounds are all from your exhaust, amped up mainly for volume. I went one day with the enhancement disabled, and the only difference was that the exhaust was quieter and the white noise was louder and noticeable. The tone didn't change at all, it still sounded the same in the cab to me, albeit very quiet.

Were there any negative side effects from turning it off? I thought I read a comment about turning off the engine sounds also deactivated the noise cancellation when talking on the phone with Bluetooth.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Were there any negative side effects from turning it off? I thought I read a comment about turning off the engine sounds also deactivated the noise cancellation when talking on the phone with Bluetooth.

It certainly seemed to in my truck. I have excellent hearing and I definitely noticed a few noises that weren't there before, including a high pitched screech that drove me crazy. Hence why I didn't make it 24 hours before turned it back on.

Birel22

Reaction score
Canceling the noise reduction would be a no go as I am often utilizing my commute for conference calls. I guess I need to just live with it a while.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Canceling the noise reduction would be a no go as I am often utilizing my commute for conference calls. I guess I need to just live with it a while.

I turned it off within the first week and I use my phone pretty much constantly. I've never had a problem. I guess I will try turning it back on to see if my calls are missing something.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Any certified literature citing this as well?

To me, it sounded pre recorded.