GEN 2 Every time After a Wash...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is driving me insane. I now take microfiber cloths to the carwash with me so that I can try and soak up the few drops that collect between the door handles. Looks fine then couple hours later I come back and see this dried dribble every time.

I’m about to place an on board compressor as a wish list holiday item so I can use it to try and blow it out while I’m there.

And yes I’m a terrible owner who uses car washes. I tried the one touchless wash in town and the arm makes it around the truck, it just won’t reach the center so I end up with a dirt/bug racing stripe running down the truck.

91e962a6fc5aa5f7b0b543ecc6d045f4.jpg

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
All it takes is for you to physically use your breath to blow the bottom edge out.

OP
OP
M

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t blow... If anyone has installed a compressor in the truck would like to know placement and make as I would like it for Pismo.

aschiller98

Reaction score
Use the vaccums at the car wash, they are ususally powerful enough to coax out the water hidden in the crevices.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to take mine to the car wash, never had any problems but then i ordered up some adams polishes products and i wont let anyone else touch my truck ever since. great products and lot's of good tips on detailing on their website and outstanding customer service

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a leaf blower. I’m also super picky about washing my truck. 0 chance of ever going to a car wash for me. Can’t handle the swirls/scratches that are unavoidable at the car washes. Autogeek forum also has tons of helpful info if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeez, get yourself a spray bottle of Meguiar's Quik Detailer and a high quality microfiber cloth. Spray the Quik Detailer anywhere/everywhere after you wash and wipe with the microfiber cloth. Your Raptor will thank you and you won't believe how much better it looks.

812A5b18bNL._SY355_.jpg

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am like you, do not have time or desire to screw around washing my truck by hand...
When i leave the car wash i drive off, and park a couple blocks down the street and just wipe the truck down. Seems to work well. I also use Adams stuff for quick detail.