Enigne power for raptors outside US

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UAEraptor

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I got my 2017 raptor 4 months ago and loving it. Added bajadesigns LEDs and ARB onboard compressor and its ready to hit the dunes.

I live in Dubai, UAE. I noticed that the raptor is advertised in US to have 450 HP but over here its advertised to have 421 PS.

any clue why is the difference or its simply different way of measuring power.

I attached a snapshot of the video they made.

Attachments

• raptor.jpg
    raptor.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 58

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I got my 2017 raptor 4 months ago and loving it. Added bajadesigns LEDs and ARB onboard compressor and its ready to hit the dunes.

I live in Dubai, UAE. I noticed that the raptor is advertised in US to have 450 HP but over here its advertised to have 421 PS.

any clue why is the difference or its simply different way of measuring power.

I attached a snapshot of the video they made.

I don't know about everywhere outside North America, but the MENA region Raptor has only 421 HP, as already brought up in another thread back in May.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/first-herd-raptors-has-arrived-dubai-53399/index4.html

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
OP
OP
U

UAEraptor

Reaction score
even the torque figures are different, they say it makes 678 Nm, which converts to 500 lb.ft.

American raptor makes 510 lb.ft

A good tune should give us the lost power.

they might have reduced the output power to overcome heat issues as they were testing it in summer in the desert, although not many go to the desert in summer where you can cook your food without fire :biggrin:

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
even the torque figures are different, they say it makes 678 Nm, which converts to 500 lb.ft.

American raptor makes 510 lb.ft

A good tune should give us the lost power.

they might have reduced the output power to overcome heat issues as they were testing it in summer in the desert, although not many go to the desert in summer where you can cook your food without fire :biggrin:

Still no excuse for selling a stock Gen 2 that's barely better in engine performance than the Gen 1 at a 15% premium over the Gen 1.

And barely better is arguable too. I prefer NA V8s over Turbo-ed V6s anyway. Now Turbo-ed V8s are a whole different story. Mmmmm

Last edited: