Engine Noise after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirito

Reaction score
The transport truck just dropped off my 2017 SCAB AG. 3k miles. I bought from a dealer in TX. I go for a drive around the block and everything is great until I get home and I hear this crazy sounding noise from the engine. The truck starts shaking too. Sounds like a literal washing machine. I turn off the truck and turn it back on, and after a quick secon the noise comes back, then goes away again. I do this multiple times and the same thing happens. Sometimes it lasts a couple seconds, sometimes more. To be honest Im livid.

Last edited:

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it do this right from cold start? Or only when the engine is warm? Almost sounded like a fan kicking on. Either way I would be on the phone with your dealer about it and bring it to your nearest Ford to get checked out in the morning. Hopefully it’s nothing serious

OP
OP
K

Kirito

Reaction score
Does it do this right from cold start? Or only when the engine is warm? Almost sounded like a fan kicking on. Either way I would be on the phone with your dealer about it and bring it to your nearest Ford to get checked out in the morning. Hopefully it’s nothing serious

Once it was loaded off the truck I turned it on and everything was great. Drove it around for about 10-15 miles on local streets + freeway just to get a feel of everything. Pulled up to my house and suddenly It starts happening. Loud enough that the people walking there dogs turned around to see what was happening. I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. Hope it's nothing too serious as well...

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once it was loaded off the truck I turned it on and everything was great. Drove it around for about 10-15 miles on local streets + freeway just to get a feel of everything. Pulled up to my house and suddenly It starts happening. Loud enough that the people walking there dogs turned around to see what was happening. I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. Hope it's nothing too serious as well...

Keep us posted on what they find

OP
OP
K

Kirito

Reaction score
Broken cam chain tensioner. Engines eating itself.

well that doesnt sound good at all

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Keep us posted on what they find

Did a cold start of the Raptor this morning, sounded fine. Let it sit for a minute and turned it off just in case. Taking it to the dealership in a couple hours, hopefully it doesnt happen on the way there. But so far it looks like the shit only shakes when the engines heated up.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something may of fallen in between the electric fans and radiator , let it idle and watch when fans turn on if noise comes back.

OP
OP
K

Kirito

Reaction score
Something may of fallen in between the electric fans and radiator , let it idle and watch when fans turn on if noise comes back.

highly possible seeing how its only happening when the engines hot. Plus I found like pretty big rocks just sitting under the skid plate. Engine bays pretty dirty as well. Looks like the previous owner did some serious offroading and the dealership didnt even bother to inspect it, clean it, or let me know.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
highly possible seeing how its only happening when the engines hot. Plus I found like pretty big rocks just sitting under the skid plate. Engine bays pretty dirty as well. Looks like the previous owner did some serious offroading and the dealership didnt even bother to inspect it, clean it, or let me know.

Have you taken a good look in the engine bay to see if you can see anything noticeable? The fact that they would sell you the truck like that is pretty ******. I hope they plan on doing a full inspection on that truck top to bottom for you to make sure nothing else is wrong