Engine Knocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something definitely going on in there. I be on my way back to the dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was another thread with a guy new G2 also.
He didn't have video but describes same noise you have. He said he hears it by the front pass wheel well the loudest as a loud tapping noise. Then says he could hardly hear it inside the cab. Also that it follows engine rpm, faster as engine is reved.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Keep us posted.Go to dealer.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that definitely sounds like something that ought to get checked out. Maybe it's nothing, but maybe it's not.

Before watching the video I was wondering if you were just hearing the loud-ish noise of the DI injectors (they tend to make more noise than traditional injectors due to the fuel pressure of the DI system), but the noise that is clearly heard in the vid is clearly not the injectors.

OP
OP
D

derekg1988

Reaction score
Does it go away at all, like when it gets up to temp?

I drove it this morning to work about 30 miles, I parked and opened up the hood. It was very very faint. I wonder if it is something to due while engine is still cool and not warmed up.

The motor runs perfect, never missed a beat yet.

Reaction score
I drove it this morning to work about 30 miles, I parked and opened up the hood. It was very very faint. I wonder if it is something to due while engine is still cool and not warmed up.

The motor runs perfect, never missed a beat yet.

It sounds similar to other direct injection engines I've owned. They often sound like a quiet diesel at startup/idle with a rhythmic ticking.(I'm referring to the engine noise under the hood, not the exhaust.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the noise is happening too often in my opinion to be piston related. sounds like something in the front end.