Engine break in period

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed already , but if you can tell me again as I'm hearing conflicting reports. Is there a break in time /distance I had my Raptor up to a hundred on day one. Is that bad. What's the scoop.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, just DO NOT get it up to around 100 mph before 1000 miles!!

just kidding, saw your other post! Enjoy!

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I’ve ever noticed in the owners manual is not to tow in the first ?? So many miles, or avoid towing how ever they word it.

Personally I’m a drive it like you stole it kinda guy. If it’s gonna break do it soon.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1000 miles before towing made me crazy on my 2013 F150. So this time I drove it to my place in Montana the day after I bought it so I could take the boat fishing as soon as I got home :)

I did manage to install some pine tree pinstriping while at the cabin so I guess that counts as break in.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove it pretty easy for the first 500 driving it back from Montana, and then waited till around 900 to really start pushing full throttle ever

What dealer in MT did you get your Raptor from? I went to Laurel, MT for mine

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

You guys do know break-in is covered in the manual, right? I know no one RTFM but I thought I'd ask in case you want to look it up. :crazy:

brownkc81

Reaction score
The manual says to not labor the engine for the first 1,000 miles and shift up through the gears early, also to vary speeds. I have drove mine hard a few times in sport mode. Almost to the 1,000 mile mark. About 900 miles on mine now.