GEN 2 Electrical failures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear of the difficulty. I think there has been another user here who had a wire harness get scorched by the exhaust / turbo - in that area,

if that’s the case, they may need to replace that portion of the harness.

good luck, I hope the ownership experience improves, drastically.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely a loose harness by the exhaust as mentioned above. Unfortunately, you are not the first to report this issue. Should be a straight forward fix though for any dealer with a competent service department.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strange that a wiring loom would rub through against a frame after only 6 mines... hmm something aint adding up here...

OP
OP
R

Raptor2017

Reaction score
Issues with 2017

Hello all , Firstly I would like to once more mention the dealership is responsive. They re opened after hours and dealt with the issues and set up recovery both times. It seemed strange that this happened after 5 miles. They changed what they called a "Module" and the fault codes that were showing were collision avoidance , Power Steering . Remote start and another one I cannot recall. Ford said they fixed the issue from reading the codes and then sent the truck back and it sat on my driveway and did not move . Next day I went to start and the precise same thing occurred . This time they say that the loom burnt through but when I asked for pictures and more information it was not sent. For that reason I am now concerned as I hope its not a cover up by Ford. For those reading I never use forums and its not to bash the brand as I own and love Fords from my GT 40 to Cosworths and beyond. I am just feeling very unsure of this Raptor at current and wanted to see how widespread a problem Ford have as if I had been driving at speed the power steering fail alone could have been fatal

Last edited:

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hate to say it, but seams like u got what i call a hangover build. it happens to all of the f150's too, not just the raptor. if i was in your situation i would allow them to attempt to fix it. if they can't, push for a new one from ford. ford has bought / replaced a few that i have read about.