Effect of Cold Weather on Suspension/Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a clunking from the front end on my 2018 that can be felt through the steering wheel at low speeds. It seems to occur mostly in cold weather. I'm womdering if this might have something to do with the fluid in the shocks being cold. Has anyone else experienced this?

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No noises that sound out of the ordinary for me so far, 1900 miles into ownership. We have had some ‘chilly’ days around here the past week:

2017_12_27_23_48_49.jpg

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope and was -2 here last few days with wind chill

Wind chill doesn’t count. It affects how fast a person or animal will get chilled but isn’t relevant for Raptors or other inanimate objects :)

No issues here but I’ve only seen temps down to 8 degrees.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1200 miles on my 2018. We've had sub zero temps here for the last two weeks, as low as -15F, and I haven't noticed anything different.

OP
OP
SaintsFan

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated garage fixes all cold weather curiosities

Yes, I have a heated, cooled and insulated 3-car garage. That is not the issue.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

1200 miles on my 2018. We've had sub zero temps here for the last two weeks, as low as -15F, and I haven't noticed anything different.

Thanks, I'm in Louisiana so cold here means anything below 40F. I didnt notice this until my truck reached around 3-4k miles. It currently has 4,500.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

define "cod weather" for us.
20-40F.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

The clunkiness is mostly felt through the steering wheel than it is a sound. It feels like something is bumping against the steering column soumwhere. The outside temperature may have nothing to do with it, that was just a guess.