EBOV VTA done right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why does this guy think the recirculation tube for the BOV that mounts behind the air filter, next to the PCV vaccum line and in front of a turbo isn't under vacuum?

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Sure, drilling a hole in the charge air cooler works... at drilling a hole. But nothing else has been proven with anything close to a technical or scientific method of testing. conjecture, internet rumor, and youtube videos don’t amount to proof.

You seem to be convinced that holing the CAC is not viable only because if EPA so surely you have some evidence to back this up - original source material from Ford, with Ford letterhead?

If you have 200,000 miles on the truck then the warranty isn’t much of a concern now is it?

EPA is not the only concern, your proposed and advocated solution presumably dumps fluid on to pavement. The contents of the fluid could contain engine oil that would otherwise get burned in combustion. Putting slippery fluid onto pavement people use to drive on could compromise traction, both for you and others. This would get you black flagged on any NASA, SCCA, or other sanctioned road course, assuming you got past tech inspection, which you would not. You would similarly run the risk of being booted from a drag strip, again, for the same reasons.

What are you missing about the weep hole? Still, you have not done your research about why people resort to this on their ecoboost. Ford can't fix the stutter / misfire. Owners were left to figure it out and the weep hole fixed the issue.
You have never said why you don't agree with the weep hole. Sure, it's a boost loss, but very minor based on the testing done.
Warranty - again, find me someone that had warranty denied for this.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What are you missing about the weep hole?

Facts. They’re stubborn things. And they’re missing from 100% of your posts :biggrin: That is a tall order for sure. Seriously, you could end all of this by

providing some source data, on company letterhead owning up to the problem you describe and discussing this as a possible fix. Source data shouldn’t be so hard to find, you just posted this holing of the CAC as a workaround was only not permitted because of EPA regs. So, show us the proof. This is not that big of an ask, especially for an ecoboost enthusiast such as yourself.

failing to do so after repeated attempts is your tacit acquiescence that you are, in fact, a liar. You’ve repeatedly claimed this is a known fix and pretended to have inside information. Not links to forum posts on the internet(unless they have pictures of original source data, sporting company letterhead describing the problem and this as a proposed fix).

Don’t be a liar. post up the source data that proves what you are claiming.

Still, you have not done your research about why people resort to this on their ecoboost. Ford can't fix the stutter / misfire. Owners were left to figure it out and the weep hole fixed the issue.

Only that’s #Fakenews. Another Raptor owner resolved the alleged stutter with a transmission code update. See the thread by ‘03Darin, who has taken the time to troubleshoot the issue, and it is -not- a misfire.

Of course you know this, but stuttering acceleration is not always a misfire condition. What you are suffering from, besides multiple personality disorder, likely undiagnosed, with a touch of paranoid schizophrenia sprinkled on top, is called confirmation bias. You read about this phenomenon on the internet and now it’s everywhere in your perspective. The problem is that your perspective is divorced from reality. There are millions of ecoboost owners not having the issue you claim to be describing. Further, it has not been proven that this affects any of the direct / port injected ecoboost. Your advocacy for holing the CAC is not logical without any actual troubleshooting.

This is why you have zero believers here.

You have never said why you don't agree with the weep hole. Sure, it's a boost loss, but very minor based on the testing done.

Seriously, you need to get medical help. When one of your passive personalities posts here, and your dominant personality follows up, you miss obvious things like the fact that I just explained why your suggestion is objectionable in the text that you quoted.

Multiple personality disorder can be mitigated in some cases with medication. You should pursue this remedy.

No. You haven’t provided a shred of evidence, only links to internet forums full of essentially anonymous posters. I’ve already passed your drivel by a Ford mechanic and documented this will void a powertrain warranty, so that’s enough for me. Others here are free to read this and make their own judgements based who they think has credibility.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
What are you missing about the weep hole? Still, you have not done your research about why people resort to this on their ecoboost. Ford can't fix the stutter / misfire. Owners were left to figure it out and the weep hole fixed the issue.

I liken your "weephole" commentary to the upstanding human that decided it would be funny to post a youtube how-to for adding a headphone jack to your iphone when the jack-less models first came out.

more than a few gullible darlings actually took a drill to their new phones, destroying them.

you are either 1 of two types of people:

1. mentally-ill and detached from reality

2. consummate ******* who thinks trolling is "funny".

Either way, i think it is best to seek out professional help of the mental health professional kid.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the OP. Cap both ends. That's the way the guys with he Gen 1 3.5L EBs do it. Less chance of a boost leak.

you do know that you are expelling metered air right?
the system is expecting that to come back through the motor.

electronics might be the bees knees on todays engines and have the ability to stay running, still not ideal unless you can adjust the ecu to atmosphere blow off parameters.

edit-the recycled air goes into the box before the maf my bad!

I don't think there's been a MAF on any Ecoboost 3.5L engines. Should just be the MAP sensor. You can leak air anywhere you want (in under vac or out under boost) and it should run fine as long as the leaks occur upstream of the MAP sensor.

Back to the Squatch bashing:
Jesus Christ on a cracker, can't the Gen 2 owners we just accept that the first Gen 3.5L EB F150 can/does benefit from a weep hole? It works. Other makes and models of cars have weepholes in the intercooler from the factory for the same reason. It's not a performance hit from a boost leak.

Squatch just can you accept the fact that the Gen 2 Raptor has a redesigned intercooler and induction system that has corrected the condensation issue in all but maybe the occasional worst case humidity scenarios?

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Facts. They’re stubborn things. And they’re missing from 100% of your posts :biggrin: That is a tall order for sure. Seriously, you could end all of this by

providing some source data, on company letterhead owning up to the problem you describe and discussing this as a possible fix. Source data shouldn’t be so hard to find, you just posted this holing of the CAC as a workaround was only not permitted because of EPA regs. So, show us the proof. This is not that big of an ask, especially for an ecoboost enthusiast such as yourself.

failing to do so after repeated attempts is your tacit acquiescence that you are, in fact, a liar. You’ve repeatedly claimed this is a known fix and pretended to have inside information. Not links to forum posts on the internet(unless they have pictures of original source data, sporting company letterhead describing the problem and this as a proposed fix).

Don’t be a liar. post up the source data that proves what you are claiming.

Only that’s #Fakenews. Another Raptor owner resolved the alleged stutter with a transmission code update. See the thread by ‘03Darin, who has taken the time to troubleshoot the issue, and it is -not- a misfire.

Of course you know this, but stuttering acceleration is not always a misfire condition. What you are suffering from, besides multiple personality disorder, likely undiagnosed, with a touch of paranoid schizophrenia sprinkled on top, is called confirmation bias. You read about this phenomenon on the internet and now it’s everywhere in your perspective. The problem is that your perspective is divorced from reality. There are millions of ecoboost owners not having the issue you claim to be describing. Further, it has not been proven that this affects any of the direct / port injected ecoboost. Your advocacy for holing the CAC is not logical without any actual troubleshooting.

This is why you have zero believers here.

Seriously, you need to get medical help. When one of your passive personalities posts here, and your dominant personality follows up, you miss obvious things like the fact that I just explained why your suggestion is objectionable in the text that you quoted.

Multiple personality disorder can be mitigated in some cases with medication. You should pursue this remedy.

No. You haven’t provided a shred of evidence, only links to internet forums full of essentially anonymous posters. I’ve already passed your drivel by a Ford mechanic and documented this will void a powertrain warranty, so that’s enough for me. Others here are free to read this and make their own judgements based who they think has credibility.

Sooo... You have never heard of the ecoboost misfire? The ecoboost stutter / shutter? Ford's many failed attempts (have you seen all the TSBs?) at fixing? Seriously, you say you research the ecoboost and never found anything about it? I know you are stubborn, but you are not that stupid.

The weep hole for ecoboost... Google it and see what you get. A bunch! Have you realized that every f150 forum has advocated for the weep hole? Owners do it and problems go away.

Ford can't do or advise because the oily mix is against the EPA. However, through the various TSBs, it is obvious that Ford acknowledged the water buildup issues in the intercooler. All of their fixes were to make the cooler less effective in an effort to reduce water buildup.

Still, not sure what you are missing, or why you can't cognitively think through this. It really is simple. Go to any other forum and looked at the mega huge threads about the weep hole success. Again, this is for engine misfires... I never said it fixed anything else.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
You keep wanting to say that you’re right and everyone else is wrong and that all the posts on the internet prove you’re right.

Proof is what’s being called for, actual proof, on company letterhead, showing that drilling the CAC is a viable answer but that EPA prevents the manufacturer from using that as a fix.

you can keep trolling, registering again and again and again, but you repeating the lie over and over doesn’t make it true and you are so obsessed with this alleged phenomenon that you are incapable of going for any significant time without trolling about it.

Post up the proof that Ford knows this will fix the problem, but they can’t because of EPA. Surely, you have Ford documents you can share.

Don’t be a weasel and say ‘just google it’. Put up.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sooo... You have never heard of the ecoboost misfire? The ecoboost stutter / shutter? Ford's many failed attempts (have you seen all the TSBs?) at fixing? Seriously, you say you research the ecoboost and never found anything about it? I know you are stubborn, but you are not that stupid.

The weep hole for ecoboost... Google it and see what you get. A bunch! Have you realized that every f150 forum has advocated for the weep hole? Owners do it and problems go away.

Ford can't do or advise because the oily mix is against the EPA. However, through the various TSBs, it is obvious that Ford acknowledged the water buildup issues in the intercooler. All of their fixes were to make the cooler less effective in an effort to reduce water buildup.

Still, not sure what you are missing, or why you can't cognitively think through this. It really is simple. Go to any other forum and looked at the mega huge threads about the weep hole success. Again, this is for engine misfires... I never said it fixed anything else.

walker SS quietflow

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
You keep wanting to say that you’re right and everyone else is wrong and that all the posts on the internet prove you’re right.

Proof is what’s being called for, actual proof, on company letterhead, showing that drilling the CAC is a viable answer but that EPA prevents the manufacturer from using that as a fix.

you can keep trolling, registering again and again and again, but you repeating the lie over and over doesn’t make it true and you are so obsessed with this alleged phenomenon that you are incapable of going for any significant time without trolling about it.

Post up the proof that Ford knows this will fix the problem, but they can’t because of EPA. Surely, you have Ford documents you can share.

Don’t be a weasel and say ‘just google it’. Put up.

Seriously, you have some issues you want to deal with. Do you even understand your question? It makes zero sense. We know that Ford can not sanction the fix. However, Ford acknowledged that the cooler makes water, and that was what was causing the misfire. You cannot argue that. Ford tried to fix within their means and that didn't work. Owners determined the solution was to get the water out of the cooler pre-spark plug. This is where the weep hole came in. What about any of this are you arguing?

Did you research other sites and read the 'sticky' threads detailing the proof that the weep hole solved the problem? I am guessing you are too arrogant and stupid to look for yourself. I am sorry that your jaded thought process can't think outside the box and try to understand this. I guess you have proven your idiocy by not being open minded and think something through.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Seriously, you have some issues you want to deal with. Do you even understand your question? It makes zero sense. We know that Ford can not sanction the fix. However, Ford acknowledged that the cooler makes water, and that was what was causing the misfire. You cannot argue that. Ford tried to fix within their means and that didn't work. Owners determined the solution was to get the water out of the cooler pre-spark plug. This is where the weep hole came in. What about any of this are you arguing?

Did you research other sites and read the 'sticky' threads detailing the proof that the weep hole solved the problem? I am guessing you are too arrogant and stupid to look for yourself. I am sorry that your jaded thought process can't think outside the box and try to understand this. I guess you have proven your idiocy by not being open minded and think something through.

I can tell you’re getting frustrated, but all you have to do is prove what you’re saying with some company letterhead source material.

Anyone can type anything on the internet, you are living proof of that. post up some actual proof that drilling the CAC has some tangible benefit to the 3.5 ecoboost in the 2017+ Raptors. Don’t weasel out with deflections to other internet sites with 2nd hand stories, post up actual source material that you have.

One thing you’ve definitely done is proven you are the same person who was using sasquatch77 here. Not a surprise to anyone, we knew from your first posts. And because you still resist posting up any actual proof. Look, you haven’t convinced anyone here to drill the CAC after years of trying. It’s not only me who is not listening to you, it’s the entire 2017 and 2018 Raptor owner base. All of us.

When you think about it, that’s pretty impressive. You have single handedly managed to coalesce Gen 2 owners in unanimous opposition to drilling the CAC.
WOW.