EBOV VTA done right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, doing it right to me is using the $35 nice machined plug that fits perfect, rather than a cheap rubber chair leg pad that probably wont hold up to fuel vapor and will break down and leak.

Either way, I LOVE my atmospheric vent. I think people need to realize the key isnt to try to make the gen 2 raptor sound like a v8 by changing the exhaust, the key is to embrace the twin turbos and focus on that noise!!!

yes i wish i had a better option than a rubber chair plug. But the machined plug only fits on the end of the ebov tube at the bottom of the engine bay. And i really wanted to remove it and not have a useless 2 foot section of hose that could someday act as a water syphon if that plug ever leaks while off road. This plug under no circumstances should ever see fuel vapor since its on the induction side of the intake, upstream of the turbo right next to the airbox. I do in fact have e85(and almost all fuel proof) rated vacuum caps in this size but not at my house in this state.

As far as the water vapor comment that was actually a serious problem on the focus RS engines. The fix for it on those engines was much different than anything mgd has ever suggested though.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes i wish i had a better option than a rubber chair plug. But the machined plug only fits on the end of the ebov tube at the bottom of the engine bay. And i really wanted to remove it and not have a useless 2 foot section of hose that could someday act as a water syphon if that plug ever leaks while off road. This plug under no circumstances should ever see fuel vapor since its on the induction side of the intake, upstream of the turbo right next to the airbox. I do in fact have e85(and almost all fuel proof) rated vacuum caps in this size but not at my house in this state.

As far as the water vapor comment that was actually a serious problem on the focus RS engines. The fix for it on those engines was much different than anything mgd has ever suggested though.

The plug will probably hold up I suppose.

Personally, I had some rubber vacuum caps on my subaru sti intake break down after about 4 or 5 years (they capped off unused nipples). These were also pre turbo, but still the catch cans vented back to the intake, so there was some vapor im sure.

Just something to keep an eye on.

And the machine plug fits perfect, I cant imagine it would ever leak, it has the same potential to leak as the stock connection.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plug will probably hold up I suppose.

Personally, I had some rubber vacuum caps on my subaru sti intake break down after about 4 or 5 years (they capped off unused nipples). These were also pre turbo, but still the catch cans vented back to the intake, so there was some vapor im sure.

Just something to keep an eye on.

And the machine plug fits perfect, I cant imagine it would ever leak, it has the same potential to leak as the stock connection.

i just couldn't help but have nightmares of that hose down there during a water crossing. I keep a spare plug and ziptie in my glovebox right now and its so high up in the engine bay and easy to check i feel better about it. I wish there wasn't so many sensors in the factory pipe or id just make a new hardpipe from aluminum. But i don't have the manufacturing assets i once did.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
The weep hole - It was debunked as non-factual then, and it is still not factual.

Further, it’s been established that this mod would void the warranty on a vehicle, and you should not be spreading these rumors again.

What is not factual about the weep hole? It works, and is the trusted method of preventing misfires. You may want to do a bit more research for yourself rather than just dismissing it. Funny enough, you go to any other Ford forum, and you will not find any argument against the weep hole.... Actually, they recommend it.

Second, can you find me one single owner that lost a warranty because of the weep hole? Seriously, find me one. Also, you do realize that it is not a 'sanctioned Ford fix' ONLY because it is not in compliance with the EPA, right?

I know you are a smart person - just think this one through rather than throwing darts at it.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

i just couldn't help but have nightmares of that hose down there during a water crossing.

You realize that this is not under vacuum, right? You won't be "sucking" water in in that specific situation.

Nateburch

Reaction score
What is not factual about the weep hole? It works, and is the trusted method of preventing misfires. You may want to do a bit more research for yourself rather than just dismissing it. Funny enough, you go to any other Ford forum, and you will not find any argument against the weep hole.... Actually, they recommend it.

Second, can you find me one single owner that lost a warranty because of the weep hole? Seriously, find me one. Also, you do realize that it is not a 'sanctioned Ford fix' ONLY because it is not in compliance with the EPA, right?

I know you are a smart person - just think this one through rather than throwing darts at it.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

You realize that this is not under vacuum, right? You won't be "sucking" water in in that specific situation.

You addressed everything, except the part about you being Sasquatch. So, are you sasquatch, or not?

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
You addressed everything, except the part about you being Sasquatch. So, are you sasquatch, or not?

No. I have no idea why you folks IMMEDIATELY think that someone with a differing opinion than yours is automatically Sasquatch whoever.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No. I have no idea why you folks IMMEDIATELY think that someone with a differing opinion than yours is automatically Sasquatch whoever.

Not someone, you. The more pressing question is, why do you continue to deny being sasquatch77, then McNawsty and more ? You’ve gotten a pass from the admins on duplicate registrations, there’s no need to hide it.
You may not get a pass on the resumption of trolling though :biggrin:

Sure, drilling a hole in the charge air cooler works... at drilling a hole. But nothing else has been proven with anything close to a technical or scientific method of testing. conjecture, internet rumor, and youtube videos don’t amount to proof.

You seem to be convinced that holing the CAC is not viable only because if EPA so surely you have some evidence to back this up - original source material from Ford, with Ford letterhead?

I showed my local Ford Dealer mechanic a post by you, while you were still using sasquatch77, advocating the weep hole and asked him point blank - will this void the warranty. His answer was “hell yes it will void the warranty”.

If you have 200,000 miles on the truck then the warranty isn’t much of a concern now is it?

EPA is not the only concern, your proposed and advocated solution presumably dumps fluid on to pavement. The contents of the fluid could contain engine oil that would otherwise get burned in combustion. Putting slippery fluid onto pavement people use to drive on could compromise traction, both for you and others. This would get you black flagged on any NASA, SCCA, or other sanctioned road course, assuming you got past tech inspection, which you would not. You would similarly run the risk of being booted from a drag strip, again, for the same reasons.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score

it most definetly is under vacuum. its on the cold side of the intake. it literally connects to the intake right behind the air filter behind the vacuum line for the pcv