EBOV VTA done right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a few people on here, the f150 forum and YouTube have posted this modification. It simply takes the excess pressure created when closing the throttle while under boost and vents it to atmosphere instead of dumping it back into the airbox. The factory system is solely to eliminate the noise associated with it. All this does is make the ppssshhhh noise audiable when we make it vta.

BUT just about everyone on the internet is doing it in a way I would call wrong. Most unplug the hose that connects to the EBOV down at the bottom of the intercooler and cap it off. Leaving a near 2 foot long plastic pipe dangling around at the bottom of the engine bay above the skidplate. When in actually it's more secure to cap the intake pipe higher up in the engine bay where it connects to the intake pipe. The plug also fits much much more securely and has a ridge on the male end you can force the cap over to make sure it's 100% secure. See photos.

The first picture is the intake pipe that has the connector on the bottom.

The second photo is the appropriate and safe male connector to cap that has a securing ridge.

The third photo is the pipe to be removed. Most cap the bottom of this and let it hang. Not preferred in my opinion.

20180316_165622.jpg

20180316_165629.jpg

20180316_165634.jpg

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you do know that you are expelling metered air right?
the system is expecting that to come back through the motor.

electronics might be the bees knees on todays engines and have the ability to stay running, still not ideal unless you can adjust the ecu to atmosphere blow off parameters.

edit-the recycled air goes into the box before the maf my bad!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you do know that you are expelling metered air right?
the system is expecting that to come back through the motor.

electronics might be the bees knees on todays engines and have the ability to stay running, still not ideal unless you can adjust the ecu to atmosphere blow off parameters.

TOO SOON JUNIOR!

its not metered air its vented in front of the MAF sensor in the factory configuration. On Subaru STI engines you would be correct as their MAF sensor is pre turbo so any air expelled to atmosphere is technically "lost". But ours is post turbo so BOV air goes back in front of the MAF and gets remeasured. Venting it to atmosphere has no change.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TOO SOON JUNIOR!

its not metered air its vented in front of the MAF sensor in the factory configuration. On Subaru STI engines you would be correct as their MAF sensor is pre turbo so any air expelled to atmosphere is technically "lost". But ours is post turbo so BOV air goes back in front of the MAF and gets remeasured. Venting it to atmosphere has no change.

Haha nice.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This mod is worth 10-15 ricer points too!

correct.

but on a serious note no one seems to know what rice actually means on this forum. Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.

I actually did it because i was losing boost part throttle and wasn't sure if it was a leak or the BOV was opening mid throttle. Turns out its opening when its not supposed too because the throttle command setting is jacked up.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
TOO SOON JUNIOR!

This is done by many on the ecoboost platforms because it helps expel the water buildup in the intercooler. The weep hole that many do on the ecoboost engine accomplishes the same thing.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This is done by many on the ecoboost platforms because it helps expel the water buildup in the intercooler. The weep hole that many do on the ecoboost engine accomplishes the same thing.

This would be the same weep hole that you were trying to convince people to use when you were using sasquatch77 as your primary FRF account. It was debunked as non-factual then, and it is still not factual.

Further, it’s been established that this mod would void the warranty on a vehicle, and you should not be spreading these rumors again.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, doing it right to me is using the $35 nice machined plug that fits perfect, rather than a cheap rubber chair leg pad that probably wont hold up to fuel vapor and will break down and leak.

Either way, I LOVE my atmospheric vent. I think people need to realize the key isnt to try to make the gen 2 raptor sound like a v8 by changing the exhaust, the key is to embrace the twin turbos and focus on that noise!!!