Dumbest thing anyone's said about your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was recently asked if my truck is a real raptor or one of those wannabe raptors since I have no side graphics on it nor the huge Ford on the tailgate. When I replied yes it's a real raptor, he then said are you sure? Then followed it up with, if it's my truck, then asked me out if I was single while he drove away in a rusted out Silverado.

LOL, got asked the same question after I painted the flares to match. Some people.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL, got asked the same question after I painted the flares to match. Some people.

A few Raptors by me have color matched flares, and to be honest, at first glance they look like every other lifted f-150 with oversized tires. I have to get a closer look to see if it is real, or just another wannabe knockoff with an ebay grill. Accent colored flares are one of the most obvious styling features of a Raptor and without them it looks fake.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A few Raptors by me have color matched flares, and to be honest, at first glance they look like every other lifted f-150 with oversized tires. I have to get a closer look to see if it is real, or just another wannabe knockoff with an ebay grill. Accent colored flares are one of the most obvious styling features of a Raptor and without them it looks fake.

Just as easy to say non matched flares on a Raptor make it look like a lifted F150 with grey bushwackers. The widened stance, bulged fenders and bedsides are the most obvious styling features on a Raptor IMO. But to each their own. If satin grey flares make the truck, a lot of us are spending too much money on these things lol

Attachments

• raptor clone.jpg
    raptor clone.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 87

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just as easy to say non matched flares on a Raptor make it look like a lifted F150 with grey bushwackers. The widened stance, bulged fenders and bedsides are the most obvious styling features on a Raptor IMO. But to each their own. If satin grey flares make the truck, a lot of us are spending too much money on these things lol

Agree, colored flares or matched flares, unless it spells out Raptor in big letters on the bedside, most people just see another anonymous lifted truck. I don't have the stickers and almost no one notices my truck amongst the sea of lifted bro-dozers in my area.

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Agree, colored flares or matched flares, unless it spells out Raptor in big letters on the bedside, most people just see another anonymous lifted truck. I don't have the stickers and almost no one notices my truck amongst the sea of lifted bro-dozers in my area.

If the truck is parked, it's pretty obvious it's a raptor by it's wide stance, the shocks that actually say raptor on them, and the front bumper I would think. I've had a few people get giraffe's neck and double looks when I first got my truck, but that's bc I was one of the first people to take delivery in Feb of 2017 and didn't see another one on the road till May 2017.

btilt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some one told me it looked like a tacoma, had to walk away from that

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a gen 1 go on and on about how he loved pulling with his truck (like truck pull competitions) and wanted to know if I planned to pull with mine