Driver's Side Window Air Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is noticeable about 55+ as mentioned. Seems like its coming from the driver's rear door seal against the window on the vertical section. I believe this is a common thing, maybe even disturbance off the mirror. Just wasn't sure if I should have a dealer look at it next visit or just accept it... Often the dealers make these issues worse before they make them better.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wind noise is pretty minimal, and I don't even notice it most of the time. But it does seem louder when there is a strong crosswind. As far as fit and finish of the doors, seams and aluminum panels, everything looks great. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the fit and finish of my truck.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jet, as I stated, hearing wind noise at 80+ with a good crosswind. At 75, which i just completed a 3 hour road trip, i did not get any noticeable wind noise. Don't think it sounds right that you are getting noticeable noise at 55.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did try to fold the mirrors in and the noise seemed to remain the same so I am ruling out air disturbance. Fit and Finish looks good as well.... It's not bad but definitely something I notice.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
First we need to rule in / out what we can.

can you put a recorder in the truck to catch the [alleged] wind noise?

I get some whistling in crosswinds when the sun roof is open, but nothing like you describe.

I guess before you sink too much time and effort into the troubleshooting, make sure on the recorder you don’t hear this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3xWfw-O4OU

You may have to turn the recorder way up to catch it. If the sound is like the video, you are pretty much f*cked.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my truck, a guy on youtube and the truck I drove at Raptor Assault all had some wind noise on the driver's side window. Now that I notice it it's driving me crazy...

Anyone else have these issues? Any solutions?

I have the same damn issue. I figured it was just mine not sealing correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same damn issue. I figured it was just mine not sealing correctly.

Thanks... I think this is more common that you or I first thought. The fact that my truck at Raptor Assault had the EXACT same noise surprised me.

Definitely doesn't seem like a door rigging issue or even a trim fit & finish as it looks flawless... Almost like the simple exterior design maybe causing it... heck I don't know...

DLaw0522

Reaction score
I have the same issue. It is very noticeable at and above 40 mph. I have had passengers ask if a door was not closed all the way. I have been in denial but all you have to do is drive another vehicle then the truck and it is very obvious. My 14 had little to none.

Norris McCarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to fix your wind noise problem, just loosen the 13mm bolt on the upper front door hinge and move the top of the door in just a bit. Mine was actually loose already, allowing the top of the door to move away from the body. My 6 year old grandson could do it!
Quite as a Mercedes....all the way up to 110 with a crosswind!

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want to fix your wind noise problem, just loosen the 13mm bolt on the upper front door hinge and move the top of the door in just a bit. Mine was actually loose already, allowing the top of the door to move away from the body. My 6 year old grandson could do it!
Quite as a Mercedes....all the way up to 110 with a crosswind!

I am going to try this.. thanks