Driver's Side Window Air Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed my truck, a guy on youtube and the truck I drove at Raptor Assault all had some wind noise on the driver's side window. Now that I notice it it's driving me crazy...

Anyone else have these issues? Any solutions?

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a BMW? lol. All my Ford vehicles have terrible wind noise...

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed it too, but it's not that bad. Those side mirrors are the size of small laptops, so there's a bit of wind disruption. ;-)

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wind noise is common on the aluminum bodied 13th gen trucks. The door fitment has been below par over all. Lots of uneven horizontal gaps and uneven "in/out" type gaps as well. Some guys adjust the hinges, some add surgical tubing inside the rubber molding, most just live with it. It's worst at highway speeds with strong crosswinds.

I was considering a 13th gen truck and the waves in the metal around the door handles when you look down the side of the truck was a big turn off for me. Seemed like Ford didn't have the aluminum stamping process correct yet. Maybe next time around Ford will get it right.

Last edited:

HellFish

Reaction score
Noticed this on my Gen I about three years ago.

Yeah I know this is not helpful.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Alright you guys are making me second guess I'm hitting the highway shorty and I'll post if it does make noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
80+ and crosswinds are where I get it. Just completed 3 hour drive at 75mph, no wind noise.