Driver Seat Height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I sold my 2013 Super Crew and picked up a new 2018 Super Crew. I think the seat height in the 2018 is higher? I feel like that even at the lowest option, my line of sight is well over halfway up the windshield. There is actually a huge blind spot where the rear view mirror is. I'm only 5-10 so I wouldn't think I am the only person to realize this? My wife told me to lose weight...but that isn't going to make me shorter!
Anyone else notice the higher seat?
Side note...my wife has a 2012 Lincoln MKX and the 2017 MKX has a higher seat too.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No, unless I get in after my wife, who sets the height to maximum.

I don’t know how much height adjustment range there is, but it seems like it’s 20 or so seconds switching the seat from her preset to mine :biggrin:

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5'9", seats are better in the 2017 vs previous 2011, but seat adjustment seems same to me.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
I sold my 2013 Super Crew and picked up a new 2018 Super Crew. I think the seat height in the 2018 is higher? I feel like that even at the lowest option, my line of sight is well over halfway up the windshield. There is actually a huge blind spot where the rear view mirror is. I'm only 5-10 so I wouldn't think I am the only person to realize this? My wife told me to lose weight...but that isn't going to make me shorter!
Anyone else notice the higher seat?
Side note...my wife has a 2012 Lincoln MKX and the 2017 MKX has a higher seat too.

Correct - the seat setup in these sits higher than previous body style. One reason I stayed with a gen 1 SVT Raptor. It is much more comfortable to me.

aschiller98

Reaction score
I dont normally set my seat all the way down but I have noticed that the gen 2 seems to sit higher than the gen 1

SVTCQ

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2018 a week ago and was thinking the exact same thing. I'm 6'5 so I always had the seat all the way down on my 13 and now my 18. Might just take time to get used to.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct - the seat setup in these sits higher than previous body style. One reason I stayed with a gen 1 SVT Raptor. It is much more comfortable to me.

No MGD (aka McNawsty, aka Sasquatch), you stayed in your Gen1 because you cant afford the Gen2, you big loser.

Now any updates on that new engine you have been promising for over the past year???

:flipthebird:

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2018 a week ago and was thinking the exact same thing. I'm 6'5 so I always had the seat all the way down on my 13 and now my 18. Might just take time to get used to.

I was 6'4"+...now shrinking. The 2018 seats definitely sit higher than my 2011 did. The bigger annoyance is that because these seats were built for the average American male height of 5'10" (and probably even less to include the average female height of 5'4") and because the lumbar support is not height adjustable...it really is not a useful feature. These seats push your torso forward...so I wind up having to ride more gangsta with the seat tilted back to avoid feeling like my shoulders are being hunched forward. It does have the added benefit of lowering your sight line so you're not blocked by the mirror.

Certainly not the first vehicle that I've found less than ideal for being a tall guy...hoping as the seats soften some of this mellows out. I'd love to know what seats the taller NFL and NBA players who have Raptors put into theirs. Would be great if there was an articulating hinge part that could be optioned in that would just raise the existing seat back a couple inches higher relative to the seat bottom...but then there's all that safety and crash BS they'd probably have to deal with. OK <<gripe off>> Love my truck! :)