GEN 2 Drive modes missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got in the truck tonight, went to change the drive mode to sport, and it's missing. The drive modes were there last night. Now the only modes that are showing is normal and weather. Any ideas?
fb1738f06e7603fd5bd3d41faafe8bd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've engaged a feature that wants to restrict modes... 4 wheel low, valet mode, some towing mode?

I would start checking all the other settings, buttons and switches and I bet you find something is tripped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
F

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you in 4low?

No, 2h.

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

I did just get the windows tinted today though...not sure if that caused it.

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

So it seems it's the key. One key all the drive modes work, the other, only certain modes work. Do I need to have the key programmed?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So it seems it's the key. One key all the drive modes work, the other, only certain modes work. Do I need to have the key programmed?

It looks like Ford's MyKey somehow got setup. You need to go into the truck with your "master" key (the one where all the modes work) and then go into the menus in the dash and find the MyKey settings and disable them. Then you won't have limitations.

Alternatively, you could use the MyKey feature as a valet key or a key for other folks that you want to have restricted drive modes.

You can read more on the MyKey features here: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...ey-to-help-encourage-responsible-driving.html

OP
OP
F

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like Ford's MyKey somehow got setup. You need to go into the truck with your "master" key (the one where all the modes work) and then go into the menus in the dash and find the MyKey settings and disable them. Then you won't have limitations.

Alternatively, you could use the MyKey feature as a valet key or a key for other folks that you want to have restricted drive modes.

You can read more on the MyKey features here: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...ey-to-help-encourage-responsible-driving.html

Great,thank you!

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, 2h.

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

I did just get the windows tinted today though...not sure if that caused it.

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

I think you can set up the key yourself. It should be in the manual somewhere. Ford allows you to do different things with different keys and it's all programmable.