Door sensor not working in cold weather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever the temperature is around -5 degree, i take my key fob in my pocket, and touch the door handle, it will no response or failure beep but not unlock or lock. But when the temperature is back above 3, it is working well. Mine is 17 raptor, anyone has the same issue?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
did you get the warning bout the door latch recall too?
That’s the symptom described. a frozen door latch or kinked actuation cable may result in a door that will not open or close. NHTSA recall number 17V652
Ford recall # 17S33

Darick

Reaction score
did you get the warning bout the door latch recall too?
That’s the symptom described. a frozen door latch or kinked actuation cable may result in a door that will not open or close. NHTSA recall number 17V652
Ford recall # 17S33

That wouldn't prevent the electronic sensor for registering, it would just prevent the door from physically opening/closing properly.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I have the same issue when it rains. Dry day touch the black "button" on the door handle and it locks/unlocks at the first touch. If it's wet it will flash the lights but not lock or unlock. Key fob works 100% regardless of weather. Haven't had days cold enough yet to test the below freezing factor.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That wouldn't prevent the electronic sensor for registering, it would just prevent the door from physically opening/closing properly.

maybe it is registering but failing to unlock. or it could be the fancy electronics getting weirded out by the cold.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues here, have had it work fine down to -30c so far. Have noticed it wont work when wet (rain or road spray) I would guess this is just due to the sensor type?