Door code key pad drops tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylrpal

Reaction score
Just like the title says. Whenever I enter the code to unlock the door on the key pad. The truck unlocks and drops the tailgate. I’ve tweaked the truck using forscan. Just a few of the common tweaks people make, ie. auto fold mirrors, global windows, DRLs etc. so I’m thinking maybe something got changed in the BCM while doing that. Any ideas or anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the system thinks the button on the gate is pressed, check that first, then maybe back out the forscan changes.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the last number on your Code is 5 then change it. If you press it after you enter in your code it drops the gate

Thanks for that KentSD.

WOW! There's a "feature" that's not in the manual. I use the [3/4] all the time to Unlock All but had no idea [5/6] was a thing...think I did do it accidentally once but never gave it a 2nd thought. Would suck to drop the tailgate onto a bollard, post, fence, shopping cart, another vehicle or some kid's head. That'd be worth deleting via FORScan (but haven't heard of that code).

I see this in the spreadsheet...will mess with it tomorrow:
726-38-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Tailgate Operation Type Cfg: 0=release, 1=unlock

Last edited:

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see this in the spreadsheet...will mess with it tomorrow:
726-38-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Tailgate Operation Type Cfg: 0=release, 1=unlock

Nope. Switching it to 1 didn't seem to do anything. Still releases gate from key fob and from keypad.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year? On my 2017, I disabled remote tailgate operation here:
726-37-02 xxxx x*xx xxxx 5=enabled, 4=disabled

This disabled remote tailgate operation from the key fob. I haven’t tried it from the keypad.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In FORScan, load the Bdycm-original.abt file that you backed up before you made any tweaks to the truck (you did create the as-built backups, right)? Once you load the file, write the original setting for that line back to the BdyCM. power off the truck, and power it back on. It should be back to stock setting for that line item.