Does anyone have the Diamondback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the Diamondback, but was wondering if the SE is much different than the HD in regards to sturdiness. I don’t plan on hauling the advertised 1,600 lbs the HD has capacity for, but if it is quite a bit better in other areas, I would get that one. Thanks

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the Diamondback, but was wondering if the SE is much different than the HD in regards to sturdiness. I don’t plan on hauling the advertised 1,600 lbs the HD has capacity for, but if it is quite a bit better in other areas, I would get that one. Thanks
HD here

447C59D5-4821-452E-AD22-68511EEE092F.jpg

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy in Palo alto has one on looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

whan

Reaction score
Guy in Palo alto has one on looks great.

Hey, I think I saw the same truck you're referring too as well. IIRC it had the diamondback sticker on the cover as well and was a grey truck?

I was also wondering if the SE is enough to support a rooftop tent - I assume the 400 pound capacity is moving capacity, not static?

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but I️ think it’s a black screw in professorville.

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
I have an HD on my tundra and was planning on getting an HD for the raptor. a friend sold his 150 and sold me his SE for a great price. I stand on mine a lot and mount coolers and other boxes as well. The hd on my tundra is a little thicker and has an extra support beam. that being said the Raptors bed is shorter and the panels are as well. I wouldnt have an issue standing on or loading stuff on top of the SE. Its solid. I ordered and installed extra cleats so it has the same number as an HD.

OP
OP
Non-Sense

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an HD on my tundra and was planning on getting an HD for the raptor. a friend sold his 150 and sold me his SE for a great price. I stand on mine a lot and mount coolers and other boxes as well. The hd on my tundra is a little thicker and has an extra support beam. that being said the Raptors bed is shorter and the panels are as well. I wouldnt have an issue standing on or loading stuff on top of the SE. Its solid. I ordered and installed extra cleats so it has the same number as an HD.

Ok, cool. Sounds like you can’t go wrong with either. Thanks man

Aesconde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8f7a915170ce04598c3df50d9a028039.jpg

30620ba80659cec51dc61cc9a333c423.jpg

HD here. I think the difference between the hd and Sd is the inclusion of a support beam in each panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8f7a915170ce04598c3df50d9a028039.jpg

30620ba80659cec51dc61cc9a333c423.jpg

HD here. I think the difference between the hd and Sd is the inclusion of a support beam in each panel.

Hi Palo Alto

whan

Reaction score

Hey Aesconde, how did you mount your rooftop tent? There's a guy on youtube that drilled / attached rails to the front and back panels of the cover, but it doesn't look like you have any rails?