Does Anyone actually buy a Raptor at MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04SSHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the first raptor I saw at a dealer in Ingot Silver

Attachments

• 20180317_162829.jpg
    20180317_162829.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20180319_132546.jpg
    20180319_132546.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 53

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys got it all figured out. Let’s put it this way, I’ve bought and sold a lot of cars in my life time. I know what I paid for the Raptor, I also know exactly what I was given for my trade . I also understood going in that I was upside down. That’s why I brought cash to the table. I arranged my own financing through my credit union. You guys can go toot your own horns but the fact of the matter is. Looking at what most of you paid for your Raptors without being upside down I am in a much better spot.

I paid $45k For my 2014 loaded with 32k miles.

I hope they told you what they charged for the Raptor and told you what they gave you for your trade. Lol

And very sweet ride man, love the color.

sbdave

Reaction score
A few buyers had mentioned Zook Motors (in PA) on here, and them selling at only $1000 over invoice. I emailed a couple months ago and put my name on the list. They said I was #12, and that it could be 1-2 years before my number came up. Others have since said they are no longer selling that cheap. Well today they contacted me, said everyone ahead of me had backed out, and that my name was up. They are still selling at invoice (if you pick it up) or MSRP if they drop-ship to you.

I've already purchased my 2018 Raptop... so looks like someone else is going to get lucky. If you are ready to place your order, and on the East Coast... give them a ring. $1000 over invoice is pretty unbeatable!

Ask for Brandon.

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had three dealers in the Houston area who were at $1500 under MSRP. I bought the one who had the closest feature match to what I wanted. I had no trade, so that was not a factor in the deal. I kept my Gen 1 and I will sell it at a later date.

Attachments

• IMG_2934.jpg
    IMG_2934.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Blee22

Reaction score
A few buyers had mentioned Zook Motors (in PA) on here, and them selling at only $1000 over invoice. I emailed a couple months ago and put my name on the list. They said I was #12, and that it could be 1-2 years before my number came up. Others have since said they are no longer selling that cheap. Well today they contacted me, said everyone ahead of me had backed out, and that my name was up. They are still selling at invoice (if you pick it up) or MSRP if they drop-ship to you.

I've already purchased my 2018 Raptop... so looks like someone else is going to get lucky. If you are ready to place your order, and on the East Coast... give them a ring. $1000 over invoice is pretty unbeatable!

Ask for Brandon.

Awh man. They called me too as I was on the waiting list. Mine just got built Wednesday and should be taking delivery in a couple of weeks. Wish they would of called soon. Would of jumped on the $1000 over invoice deal and picked it up. I saw others posting saying they weren’t offering $1000 over invoice anymore and was strictly doing MSRP deals. Didn’t even bother to ask today. Congrats to whoever took that deal.

benticles

Reaction score
It seems that in the mid-Atlantic there are a bunch of dealers still listing Raptors above MSRP, but one call to them and they quickly drop to MSRP. No movement below MSRP so far, from what I have seen. This is of course for trucks already on the lot.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awh man. They called me too as I was on the waiting list. Mine just got built Wednesday and should be taking delivery in a couple of weeks. Wish they would of called soon. Would of jumped on the $1000 over invoice deal and picked it up. I saw others posting saying they weren’t offering $1000 over invoice anymore and was strictly doing MSRP deals. Didn’t even bother to ask today. Congrats to whoever took that deal.

Why would they stop doing that deal? Makes no sense. Demand is dropping as more vehicles enter circulation, not increasing.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they stop doing that deal? Makes no sense. Demand is dropping as more vehicles enter circulation, not increasing.

My dealer is testing the waters. Back in Dec he had 2 allocations (He gets 4 a year), and sold one to me at MSRP.

The second one he ordered and its on his lot as of 2 weeks ago, above MSRP by $7K. Its a black SCREW 801a package like mine, no graphics.

So I had to ask, my sales guy, and he replied that he had several interested and that's all he would say.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like I said. Makes no sense they sold at $1000 over invoice.

Are they just now realizing that these vehicles are in demand?

Sounds like fake news