Does Anyone actually buy a Raptor at MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here Lou. Local dealer wanted $1k over MSRP with 700 miles, but I wanted a specific build. Called Team Ford and then Chris let me know they had one being built with everything I wanted minus the sunroof at MSRP. Put my deposit on it right away and just waiting for the call sometime in May. Now need to find someone that can put Xpel wrap on front and partial sides. Also a ceramic coat and tint.

Dealers here in SoCal think why not spend another $5-$25k over MSRP and their Raptors just keep collecting dust on the lots.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got mine at MSRP last May and have enjoyed it each and every time I drive it. Got my tax bill today and it went up 20% and that did not even bother me.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you live and how did your tax bill go up? I thought the truck would depreciate over time and lower your tax bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Northern VA. Have no idea on logic. Guessing they went too low in 2017 when there was little data?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
no, you only had a part year tax for the first year. My property tax bill went up several factors, I bought in January.

Raptor tax is bad. Raptor tax plus live in northern Virginia tax is just plain worse.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, you only had a part year tax for the first year. My property tax bill went up several factors, I bought in January.

Raptor tax is bad. Raptor tax plus live in northern Virginia tax is just plain worse.

My full 1st half '18 bill went up 20+% over my full 2nd half '17 bill. Agree it is all ridiculous.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My full 1st half '18 bill went up 20+% over my full 2nd half '17 bill. Agree it is all ridiculous.

yeah, the so called car tax repeal and ensuing shell game. Not encouraging if it’s gone up by rate - that’s insane, but not unexpected if you’re in Fairfax... or Alexandria, Arlington or Loudon...

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
having been looking around cars.com and checking dealers websites all over the place for the specific truck I'm looking for and this past few weeks a lot of trucks at or bellow msrp can be found all over the place but mostly Middle East and South East states as well as Texas. Maybe this is related to 2019 anticipation...

There might be more out there this is just based on my search criteria (Ruby Red, Lead Foot, Lightning Blue, 802, tech, no spray in bed liner, moon roof, no graphics, no ascent color, both wheels).

But, I haven't called any dealers yet I'm just saying this based on their advertised sale price on their websites!

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, the so called car tax repeal and ensuing shell game. Not encouraging if it’s gone up by rate - that’s insane, but not unexpected if you’re in Fairfax... or Alexandria, Arlington or Loudon...

Yeah my PP Tax bill is killer in VA. If you have any sort of "property", Virginia taxes the shit out of it. Virginia is in the top 20 of "taxing" states, but some states don't even have income taxes.

Of course, every state gets their money by taxing whatever/wherever they believe there is money to be had. Some things taxed more than others.