Does Anyone actually buy a Raptor at MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI-I special ordered my 2018 for under MSRP back in late July from my small town dealer. It’s a shame that Ford lets dealers in “deeper pocket” markets bend customers over with ridiculous mark ups in my opinion since they don’t make anything more as a manufacturer.

Maybe they should just do away with requiring allocations for Raptors since nobody is paying mark ups for F150 Platinum F150s that actually sell for the about same amount MSRP-Wise.

I really don’t give a shit if it becomes more common place to see our trucks, and actually would love it if I see a Raptor every other time I go to Home Depot…HAHA!

chattermark

Reaction score
I bought mine for MSRP, you have to do a lot of calls. Get out of Cali and look for smaller dealers. Try Landers ford in Benton Arkansas. Ask for terry Woodfork. They were awesome.

thepro8

Reaction score
$500 under MSRP. Just have to search and be willing to fly and pickup or have shipped to you. really easy.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
biznitch15,
I've posted my story several times before. I'll try to make it brief....
I started shopping in earnest in 12/2012. I went to my local dealer and told them that they needed to be within $500.00 of the best price I could find; and then went to a couple dozen dealers sat down and priced out the same Raptor. I returned to the local dealer with a list of all the prices, salesmen's names/dealerships and gave the printout of the Raptor to my local dealer; he didn't look at it but pulled out the printout from my first visit. MSRP $52,000+; their price...$48,000+. They came in $800 BELOW the best price I had found elsewhere. Highest price on the list $1,000 over MSRP.
I have the window sticker, and the purchase receipt. After taxes it was just over MSRP....
At each dealership I acted calm, cooperative, polite, and earnest. I told each dealership up front what I was doing, and that the sale was contingent on being more than $500 below the price the local dealership. I handed each a copy of the printout; and left with a signed offer from each dealership.
Took me two weeks of after work shopping....
It's your money..you can throw it away however you want!
Be polite, calm, firm. Let them know you have the $. Make them work to sell you the truck you want.
I've never bought a car or truck off the lot; I've never paid MSRP...and that's about a dozen or so vehicles/46 years...

Eddie

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in Portland today on a business trip. Drove by a Ford dealer along the freeway - Raptor was sitting there waiting to be bought. Don't know the dealer's name or how much they want but...

you need to put time and effort into finding a Raptor at MSRP. They're out there - call around and you'll be rewarded for your time.

I found mine in Montana and made a road trip up and back to get it. Do it!

OP
OP
B

biznitch15

Reaction score
Great advice guys, I'll make sure to look around. Especially outside my area. Too many people in Southern Cali with deep pockets willing to pay over sticker.

pchmotoho

Reaction score
I got mine at MSRP from Autonation Ford in Tustin. it was a in August and it was a 17. Two friends of mine just bought them. They searched high and low for MSRP with no luck. They both ended up paying 3k over. One from Galpin and one from somewhere in Bakersfield. By the time you end up missing three days work along with gas and airplane ticket you may choose just to spend the 3k.

Of course try everyone but if the sister stores of Autonation Tustin tell you no don't assume that means all stores under the same management won't do it either. That was not the case with me.

Relimb11

Reaction score
SoCal here.Bought mine for MSRP from Rogers Ford in TX.500 deposit ordered the way I wanted and had it delivered to my door for 700.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free