Do me a favor, please just run 93 or at least 91 in your new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer filled it with 87 for first tank, just filled my 2nd tank with 91 as thats the highest i can find in my area.

Felt like i noticed back on my 08 F150 using 91 non ethanol gave me better mpg when towing a toy hauler but could of just been in my head..

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate coffee and I hate Starbucks, but after spending so much time on this forum I feel a strange obligation to make this my first stop after my Raptor arrives...

HAHAHA.

I'm the biggest f'ing hypocrit...I always hated Starbucks, what they stood for and the hipsters that buy from them....now and can't seem to stop drinking that garbage...lol

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I hate coffee and I hate Starbucks, but after spending so much time on this forum I feel a strange obligation to make this my first stop after my Raptor arrives...

It's the raptor effect man... you gotta prove all the haters right at least once. I personally think we should start a new thread of us all taking pictures in the drive thrus in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just topped mine off with 93 after finding out the dealer did my initial fill with 87. I'll be running 93 in mine.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2011 eb f150 didnt like it at all.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

I just topped mine off with 93 after finding out the dealer did my initial fill with 87. I'll be running 93 in mine.

Thank you

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats pump gas lol. e10-15

Yea I know, but no using e30 or such. Premium is the only option

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This SOB knocks like it is about to have a spun bearing already. I run 93 only, still has a wild ass knock at idle. My GT500 would knock, less than this, but still knock after I changed the oil each time. After 1000 miles it would stop as the oil was broken down. 5/50 caused a knock on several for some reason.

I have never had a truck knock like this. Tell you what, I will hook my tuner up today and see if I can record a session with 93 at WOT and see if it pulls timing. Then , I will fill up for the first time ever with 87 and do another WOT pull. Lets see if it pulls timing. My tuner lets me monitor the ECU much like a scanner will.

My dealer filled up with 93 when I bought it. And they know as much about Raptors as they know about dinosaur extinction. I dont trust those guys at all. My sales guy could barley keep up during normal conversation.