Do me a favor, please just run 93 or at least 91 in your new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried 87 a couple times on my 2011 and had issues. Went to 91+ and never had another problem.

Maybe 87 and a weep hole is the answer....

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Because he knows how to use google?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truck will pull power if it detect knock, which is likely on a higher compression turbo motor like this. You are asking for knocks, limp mode and decreaded power.

Please just run 91+

its a 450 hp twin turbo, direct injected v6, it isnt the place for 87, regardless of what the manufacturer says.

As someone else said, if you take it easy all the time, it wont be an issue..... but then whats the point of getting a raptor?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I tried 87 a couple times on my 2011 and had issues. Went to 91+ and never had another problem.

Maybe 87 and a weep hole is the answer....

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

truck will pull power if it detect knock, which is likely on a higher compression turbo motor like this. You are asking for knocks, limp mode and decreaded power.

Please just run 91+

its a 450 hp twin turbo, direct injected v6, it isnt the place for 87, regardless of what the manufacturer says.

As someone else said, if you take it easy all the time, it wont be an issue..... but then whats the point of getting a raptor?

Because that Starbucks isn't going to get itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The regular 3.5 went from 10 to 10.5, but the Raptor version was dialed back to 10 because of the higher boost.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Premium for maximum power trailering

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

The gas cap on my truck says eo 15. Presuming this means maximum 15 percent alcohol. Or else I have a wrong cap

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the truck will run on 87 and states in the manual it is ok BUT that does not mean you should.
im sure ford put in the tuning to pull a shit ton of timing when it senses knock on the low octane fuel and its incredibly bad and it will for a fact knock on low octane fuel.

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the manual and gas cap say? I have to imagine it says use premium fuel. I guarantee 90% of the knock issues people are seeing is due to the fuel.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Premium for maximum power trailering

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

The gas cap on my truck says eo 15. Presuming this means maximum 15 percent alcohol. Or else I have a wrong cap

thats pump gas lol. e10-15

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

people need to understand that most states are also using winter blends right now...