Disabling fake engine noise - does it make the cabin quieter or noisier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys (smurf / pupdawg and others....),

Does disabling the fake engine noise make the overall cabin more quiet or more noisy? I don't care about what the exhaust sounds like - nada, zilch - but will always take a quieter truck. So I want to know if toggling the engine noise synthesizer helps or hurts the issue.

Those that have done this, what are your impressions?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
quieter, but as I’ve said previously, the fake engine noise covers up some of the ambient truck noises. you hear them more if you drive with the radio off or at low volume. nevertheless, the overall ambient noise level is lower.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quieter, but as I’ve said previously, the fake engine noise covers up some of the ambient truck noises. you hear them more if you drive with the radio off or at low volume. nevertheless, the overall ambient noise level is lower.

I am confused smurf. How can it be quieter if you can hear more noises than before??

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I am confused smurf. How can it be quieter if you can hear more noises than before??

the piped in engine noise covers or obsures a lot of very quiet but still present “ambient” noises.

MTheory

Reaction score
I turned it off and it completely changed the cabin to me, I like the truck so much more with it off. Seems more refined, it was annoying to give it gas with that sound on. Turn it off and see. The highway ride and music all sounds better with that crap off from my perspective I was surprised.