Did research and made calls....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow members,

I originally was waiting until later this year to go ahead and order my 18' SCREW. I got antsy the last few weeks, so I got online and was looking on Cars.com and Autotrader.com around the St. Louis/Illinois area today.

I only attempted to contact dealers who had actual pictures of "IN STOCK" raptors. I made contact with 5 dealers within a 150 miles. 4 of the 5 dealers told me there Gen2's were gone within 24 hours of arrival to the dealership with mark ups of 5-7k. These are allotments that were not already spoken for also. The one dealership that had one actually "in stock" said they were at 75k which was 10k over MSRP.

This makes me wonder with the people who claim they are getting invoice are just lying to make themselves feel better for paying "over MSRP."

Opinons on this matter in your area would be helpful and would like to know if you guys are experiencing the same?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Opinons on this matter in your area would be helpful and would like to know if you guys are experiencing the same?

Most people that paid MSRP or near invoice ordered early and have relationships with that dealer. I ordered at the end of July, paid MSRP and have purchased 4 trucks from them in the last 11 years.

OP
OP
flea_sly

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to my local dealership, they had theirs marked up 10k over msrp. When they put a number on my truck would not come off the 10k. I left, they called a few days later to offer it at msrp

I thought originally maybe dealers were bluffing about paying 5 or 10k over. According to the 4 dealers I talked to today, they sold immediately for at least 5k over MSRP. I'm starting to think they are getting those numbers.

Most people that paid MSRP or near invoice ordered early and have relationships with that dealer. I ordered at the end of July, paid MSRP and have purchased 4 trucks from them in the last 11 years.

That makes sense to me and thanks for you input! I would expect if you have a good relationship with a particular dealer, they should do you right!

OP
OP
flea_sly

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid msrp and I also got 5 other members on the forum msrp. Why lie? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was referring to people who say they got one for "invoice." I would be fine as of right now to pay MSRP for the exact truck I'm wanting.

Do you think 18's can be had late this year for invoice?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I was referring to people who say they got one for "invoice." I would be fine as of right now to pay MSRP for the exact truck I'm wanting.

Ahhh gotcha!! That's rare I'm not sure lol I know a few people have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think there's less than 5 people here that got around invoice originally - a few had the deals get revised to MSRP or higher - and all ordered long long ago before dealers knew the market would support big ADMs

Most off the lots are fetching some ADMs while most that ordered are getting MSRP+