Did Ford remove BOTH sets of crash bars or just the front ones?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjstev

Reaction score
Ford has crash bars both in front of AND behind the front wheel on the normal F150.

Based on pics from this forum, they removed the front bars.

What what about the back bars? Are they also missing?

I'm talking about the color-coded pieces on this image:
V2-150729843.jpg

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought based on pics they removed the bars BEHIND the front wheel. Not sure about the ones to the front but my guess is those were removed also. Just a guess though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Wow there is a lot of worry over this. Give me your order and go get an F150 if it's that much of an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. The Gen 1 is a beast. It weighs 6,000 pounds, the vast majority of it steel. It has a high performance, large displacement V8 under the hood that was designed specifically for the truck and off-road use.

The Gen 2 is an aluminum wanna be, and the competition's commercial showing what happens to aluminum sheet metal when it gets hit by something big and heavy is proof enough. The engine is borrowed from Ford's SUV line, and its performance shortcomings require the use of TWO turbo chargers. Oh yeah, no crash bars. First Ford disbanded the SUV unit, and then they offered the Gen 2. It's not a coincidence.

The January 2017 issue of American Rifleman did a two page laydown on the RAM Rebel, and I think it's superior to the Gen 2. It has a conventionally aspirated 5.7L V8 that makes 395 hp and 410 ft-lbs. Not up to either the Gen 1 or 2, but it makes its power without the need for the additional complexity of twin blowers. It weighs 5,387 pounds and it's steel. 8 speed transmission, 15 mpg city, 22 mph highway. Electric power steering.

If I were shopping for a go anywhere, do anything truck today I'd choose the RAM Rebel over the Gen 2. Thankfully, my Gen 1 real Raptor is crouching in the garage ready to take us to church tonight in 6 inches of freshly fallen snow.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. The Gen 1 is a beast. It weighs 6,000 pounds, the vast majority of it steel. It has a high performance, large displacement V8 under the hood that was designed specifically for the truck and off-road use.

The Gen 2 is an aluminum wanna be, and the competition's commercial showing what happens to aluminum sheet metal when it gets hit by something big and heavy is proof enough. The engine is borrowed from Ford's SUV line, and its performance shortcomings require the use of TWO turbo chargers. Oh yeah, no crash bars. First Ford disbanded the SUV unit, and then they offered the Gen 2. It's not a coincidence.

The January 2017 issue of American Rifleman did a two page laydown on the RAM Rebel, and I think it's superior to the Gen 2. It has a conventionally aspirated 5.7L V8 that makes 395 hp and 410 ft-lbs. Not up to either the Gen 1 or 2, but it makes its power without the need for the additional complexity of twin blowers. It weighs 5,387 pounds and it's steel. 8 speed transmission, 15 mpg city, 22 mph highway. Electric power steering.

If I were shopping for a go anywhere, do anything truck today I'd choose the RAM Rebel over the Gen 2. Thankfully, my Gen 1 real Raptor is crouching in the garage ready to take us to church tonight in 6 inches of freshly fallen snow.

Would you be so nice as to take photos of the Crash Bars on your Gen 1 Raptor and post on here? Would like to see them. The ones on the SCAB F150s 15year model was added to fix a Flaw that was corrected on the Newer trucks, also I like your review of the Ram. Me being a Ford man I will pass, looking forward to my Gen 2, and hoping to also play in the snow some this coming year! Merry Christmas!

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It may have been designed specifically for the Raptor but you could get the same exact engine in a 2014 XLT, FX4 or Lariat.

Last edited: