Did Ford Build Anyone Else's Wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jusdach

Reaction score
I ordered my truck 3/7/17, it was delivered to my dealer yesterday afternoon and I picked it up a few hours later.

Amazing truck. Best production truck ever. Absolutely love this truck.

Only annoying piece is I ordered the tailgate appliqué and it came with the regular tailgate. Dealer had no clue and even argued with me for a minute that it was correct - easy close for me though, check that window sticker over there buddy. Then, because dealers are a wealth of knowledge and value added service, they told me the appliqué is just a sticker on the tailgate and it would be an easy fix. Wrong again buddy, you need Ford to ship us a whole new tailgate.

Anybody else have their truck built incorrectly?

Hopefully I'll have a Magnetic 2017 Raptor tailgate available cheap soon if anyone ordered the appliqué and wants to change as I'll be pushing to keep both tailgates.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered my truck 3/7/17, it was delivered to my dealer yesterday afternoon and I picked it up a few hours later.

Amazing truck. Best production truck ever. Absolutely love this truck.

Only annoying piece is I ordered the tailgate appliqué and it came with the regular tailgate. Dealer had no clue and even argued with me for a minute that it was correct - easy close for me though, check that window sticker over there buddy. Then, because dealers are a wealth of knowledge and value added service, they told me the appliqué is just a sticker on the tailgate and it would be an easy fix. Wrong again buddy, you need Ford to ship us a whole new tailgate.

Anybody else have their truck built incorrectly?

Hopefully I'll have a Magnetic 2017 Raptor tailgate available cheap soon if anyone ordered the appliqué and wants to change as I'll be pushing to keep both tailgates.
You can get the dealer to install an applique for you on your tailgate. It's been done. Look on this forum.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would never let a dealer epoxy the applique to a tailgate. The correct way is what he wants, a new tailgate.
True. I guess if he confirms it's on the window sticker and he ordered it that way then Ford owes him a new tailgate.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
hit 'em for a rebate & glue one on
-img_2252_0117bfe7b83770b5c6ffaeb1cea86ca708d69152.jpg

Last edited:

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at this point you paid for and took the truck.....you're saying it was on the window sticker and not on the truck?.....did they deduct it from what you paid?

Do you have something in writing they are ordering a tailgate?

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the dealer to install an applique for you on your tailgate. It's been done. Look on this forum.

If you paid for it to be done right, why would you let them hack it together with a makeshift solution. I know people have added it, but that's usually on a truck someone found at a dealer that didn't have the appliqué and they wanted to add it...

OP
OP
jusdach

jusdach

Reaction score
Well at this point you paid for and took the truck.....you're saying it was on the window sticker and not on the truck?.....did they deduct it from what you paid?

Do you have something in writing they are ordering a tailgate?

Yes. I ordered this truck on 3/7 with the appliqué as one of the options (Magnetic, SCREW, 802A, panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, tailgate appliqué). This is not a truck I bought off the lot, I specifically ordered it this way through the dealer. The appliqué is printed on the window sticker (thanks to raptorfinder.com produced by a member of this forum I have a PDF of my window sticker saved). Ford just built the truck incorrectly.

I already put a $5k deposit down, drove 85 miles to buy this truck at MSRP (which included the $495 tailgate appliqué) and waited this long to get it. So after the dealer confirmed the mistake in writing and told me they'd send me a copy of the claim after they file it with Ford today, I wrote a check for the remaining balance on the truck and drove home.

I'm sure Ford will make it right. I'll also note my truck came with a sticker on the windshield saying it was selected at random by Ford for quality testing. 27 miles were put on the truck by Ford for this quality test (according to the sticker) but I guess checking line items listed on the build sheet against the physical truck they're testing is not part of the quality check.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Ford will make it right. I'll also note my truck came with a sticker on the windshield saying it was selected at random by Ford for quality testing. 27 miles were put on the truck by Ford for this quality test (according to the sticker) but I guess checking line items listed on the build sheet against the physical truck they're testing is not part of the quality check.

I guess if they start it and doesn't break down after 15 miles or so of driving it's good to go....too funny