Denied warranty service for a few items on new Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in disbelief here. Initially when I picked her up end of January I noticed a few issues. A popped out wheel arch up front, steering wheel off center to left an inch or so, and a tire issue. Selling dealer replaced one tire at his expense, fixed arch and did alignment making steering wheel straight. 2 months later and I now have a small popped out area of rear wheel arch, and. both rear doors misaligned slightly. In at top, out a little on bottom of doors. In addition and more alarming is the steering wheel is again off center in the same spot as before. Did it slip? Does it not hold? This is a street queen, no off road and driven like a grandpa (no flaming please lol).

Being to local servicing dealer about these and a tranny issue in sport we all know about. They addressed tranny by telling me there are no updates and all is normal. They then tell me that I need to bring back to selling dealer for door alignment and wheel arch. Not to mention I asked for the rusted drivetrain components to be cleaned up and denied that too. I contact selling dealer who tell me whe will not touch the wheel arch or doors nor do another alignment as it was perfect when I left. He's right but now it's not. Said. One of these are warranty items, truck is not perfect and never will be. This is unreal. He suggested arranging a meeting with factory rep at servicing dealer, not his. LOL.

Now I've read here about ford. It covering certain things but this is ludicrous. Are they kidding me? 2 dealers including selling dealer denying to fix what is wrong. How is this my issue that a wheel arch plug popped out, again (different arch), the steering wheel loses its position, and doors are misaligned. WTF. Other than my Maserati, which I will never ever own another, I've never experienced anything like this with nearly 200 cars purchased in 33 years.

Anyone else have this problem with ford?

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that it helps, but you can get a lifetime alignment from places like NTB for $100 or thereabouts.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that it helps, but you can get a lifetime alignment from places like NTB for $100 or thereabouts.

I get that but in this case it's not the alignment that's out it's the steering wheel, again. Was fixed and slipped back to its off center position same as it was shipped. Truck tracks straight.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact Ford Service on Facebook or Twitter.
That will be your best recourse moving forward, in my opinion.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that but in this case it's not the alignment that's out it's the steering wheel, again. Was fixed and slipped back to its off center position same as it was shipped. Truck tracks straight.

Is the steering wheel off center or just the red stripe? Did you measure? most aren't perfectly centered on the wheel. I'm going to assume that you didn't knock it out of alignment off roading, but the curbs at Starbucks can wreak havoc on the alignment.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
200 cars in 33 years? Well, good news cupcake, there's options.

- Take the truck to a body shop, pony up the cash and fix it
- Keep going back to the dealer and banging your head against the wall. Maybe they'll get tired of you and fix it
- Call Ford Corporate and complain and hope they fix it.
- Give the truck back.

Edit: I know you said you don't offroad, but all of the things you described would likely take some solid bouncing around to do.

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only replaced one steering column in my life, but the wheel is on a splined shaft. If that is stripped and slipping you have a major safety issue. I would doubt that is the case though.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
200 cars in 33 years? Well, good news cupcake, there's options.

- Take the truck to a body shop, pony up the cash and fix it
- Keep going back to the dealer and banging your head against the wall. Maybe they'll get tired of you and fix it
- Call Ford Corporate and complain and hope they fix it.
- Give the truck back.

Edit: I know you said you don't offroad, but all of the things you described would likely take some solid bouncing around to do.

Cupcake? really? Do you always act like a condescending ********* or is it just that time of the month? For a "Ford tech" you seem to have an awful lot of time on your hands since you are always adding low value posts on FRF. Maybe if you techs did you jobs right instead of fooling around all day on FRF, we wouldn't have quality issues.

Anyway, OP, I hear ya. When you buy expensive vehicles, its perfectly reasonable to expect them to be well made. Call Ford corporate and create a case. It will usually make the dealer take notice and extend better courtesy.

Ignore the knuckleheads on FRF. Many of them don't even have gen 2s.

Last edited:

Gilligan

Reaction score
Cupcake? really? Do you always act like a condescending ********* or is it just that time of the month? For a "Ford tech" you seem to have an awful lot of time on your hands since you are always adding low value posts on FRF. Maybe if you techs did you jobs right instead of fooling around all day on FRF, we wouldn't have quality issues.

Anyway, OP, I hear ya. When you buy expensive vehicles, its perfectly reasonable to expect them to be well made. Call Ford corporate and create a case. It will usually make the dealer take notice and extend better courtesy.

Ignore the knuckleheads on FRF. Many of them don't even have gen 2s.

:specialed::win:

ETA: @Aaron doesn't go to your work and tell you how to flip the burgers or cook the fries so maybe cut him some slack?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the steering wheel off center or just the red stripe? Did you measure? most aren't perfectly centered on the wheel. I'm going to assume that you didn't knock it out of alignment off roading, but the curbs at Starbucks can wreak havoc on the alignment.

No curbs no nothing. Alignment would be off. It's. It. It's only the wheel again.