Deer vs Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

audipwr1

Reaction score
Deer jumped out on the interstate this PM and I hit it.

Looks like the center portion of the bumper and the plastic grill is done for.

1. Is there an online site that has parts diagrams and part numbers so I can order replacements?

2. Anyone have that part they have left over from their front bumper conversion they want to sell me?

3. Anything else look broken there to you I should get?

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 176

blbills

Reaction score
Wow, pretty impressive. Not very much damage. Good luck with the repair. If you look closely at the classifieds there are bound to be people selling off their stock bumpers. I've seen them go for pretty cheap.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bumper actually looks ok to me. That center piece is easily removable and a replacement is under $100 from the dealer. It's held in by some clips. Looks like you'll also need a new front skid plate, that's the lighter colored piece and isn't part of the bumper. You can usually find skid plates on craigslist, though most are off of Gen 1's and I'm not sure if they're the same. I have seen some off of Gen2's though. It would depend on your area and if Raptors are relatively common or not, over here they're everywhere.

Looks like the skid plate is what took the brunt of the impact and broke the plastic center piece as it got bent up into it.

Last edited:

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP- where are you located? I have an aftermarket bumper which I have not put on yet and could potentially sell you my stock bumper, but its too big and bulky to ship..

Contrary to what jabroni619 said, the front bumper is definitely not OK. The bottom part of the bumper has the same look as the skid plate, but it is not part of the skid plate. You may need a skid plate too, hard to tell from the pic. And no, the gen 1 skid plate will not fit a gen 2.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot less damage than I would have imagined. Glad you'r OK and going to be enjoying venison steaks for a while! Hard to tell true extent of the damage until you remove the front bumper and skid plate to check it out. Impact force will transfer and damage components beyond the surface. I hit a cone with a BMW and it looked as if only the one grill was damaged, once I dug into it the radiator mounting brackets were busted as well and a couple other pieces behind the front fascia as well. Good luck and I've had good luck with Ford OEM parts through Tasca Ford, very helpful and usually a 20 - 30% discount...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
first I’m glad you’re ok.

Second, if you hit a deer at interstate speed, you were fortunate. I’ve done this also, in a ’71 Olds and did not fare anywhere near as well. I hit the deer at an indicated 60mph and busted the radiator mounts, fan shroud, left headlights, grill, busted the headlight surround and dented the hood.

pull the skid plate to check for any under side damage, leaks, and I’d keep the skid plate. beat the dents out with a mallet, it will give your truck character ;-)